DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

To see other drones when i fly my drones?

TTP

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have my two drones, M2P and M3P, officially registered, I have an EASA approved Drone pilot, my drones have the latest FM updates. My RID should be readable by Police and others, but what additional equipment do I need, SW and HW, to see other drones in my surroundings when I fly?

Why would you have this need?

There are apps already out to track RID. Search on Google Play or the Apple Store (depending on the device you have)

Reactions: Cafguy and sarahb
Why am I interested in seeing other drone pilots in my airspace when I fly, I can as mavic3usa writes, look up to see other drones. That is exactly what is wrong, our so-called initiated journalists wrote in 2019 that we have more than 400,000 drones in Sweden. Today in 2024, approx. 27,300 drone driving licenses have been approved. In the 5 years I've been flying, I haven't encountered more than a couple of them, and then I live in a community that, "statistically" speaking, has more than 2,000 drones. Where are all these drones, at home in a closet?

Gfields suggests that I search for suitable app, unfortunately I can't find any that I think meet my requirements, anyone who has suggestions for working apps for the Android platform.

It's kind of like seeing a falling star... they happen constantly, but how often do you see them?

Most drone owners only fly occasionally. That's why there's such a huge difference between the number of drones, and the number of "licenses".

Reactions: mavic3usa

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honzax