DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

To Skin or Not to Skin.

Do you have a skin on your drone(s)? If you're planning to get one then consider that a "Yes."

• Yes, I do have a skin on my drone(s).

Votes: 33 45.8%
  • No, I do NOT have a skin on my drone(s).

Votes: 39 54.2%

• Total voters
I've always skinned every device I've ever had. From iPods and iPhones to Xboxes and PCs, I've always skinned them everything. I skin skateboards and OneWheels and charging blocks and Jul vapes.. lol I skin anything I can because I think MY IDEAS are better.. lol This is Including my recent Mini 2. I wasn't real happy with the latest mini 2 skin but maybe thats the point here... I'm "evolving."

So, with this NEW Mavic 3 that I just received, I'm starting to think that I do NOT want to cover this BEAUTIFUL "Precious" of mine up. Its "dark package" just OOZES coolness and swagger to me. Personally, I think its B.A.

I would like to know where people stand on this subject and if skinning is as popular as I think it is. Please vote and comment.

Thank you for your time. :)
I agree with the ‘coolness and swagger’ thing so, nope, no plans at all to hide her beautiful design. She’s really a thing to behold!… naked!:) lol!

I'm finding my eye sight not as good as I imagined it and almost lost my Air 2 on it's maiden flight a short while ago. Thank God for Mavic Pilots and the information here. Anyways, I searched available skins here in N. America and nothing grabbed me as much as the old NY City Checker Cab design I found in Germany. If I can't see this one, theres a problem! There were a whack of parts and it all came together quite well I think. I bought another just in case I messed this one up with another design but I think this one will be a keeper. When I was in getting my chemo the other day I scrounged a handfull of isopropyl alcohol wipes and did a wash and dry wipe as I went. An old blow dryer helped a ton to get a few ornery parts to lay down properly. A q-tip was used to press down around cutouts and sharper contours. Anyways...here she is (reduced the image size...first post was just plain stupid!!) :)

taxi1.jpg

taxi2.jpg

Last edited:
That is the quest, chum.

Reactions: Ron0909
Hi all,
My son picked up a Cricut Explore Air 2 and we want to start doing our own skins. Anyone have any recommendations/suggestions for printable vinyl or factory made stuff (like carbon fiber etc.)? I jumped the gun
a bit and bought templates for the Air 2 and Mini 3 Pro. 3M seems to be very popular with folks selling skins. I'd be really happy with any advice I can get :)

Ron

Reactions: Torque
Hi all,
My son picked up a Cricut Explore Air 2 and we want to start doing our own skins. Anyone have any recommendations/suggestions for printable vinyl or factory made stuff (like carbon fiber etc.)? I jumped the gun
a bit and bought templates for the Air 2 and Mini 3 Pro. 3M seems to be very popular with folks selling skins. I'd be really happy with any advice I can get :)

Ron
I just used plain cheap self-adhesive paper and printed in my ink printer... I figured if it looked bad or started to peel off I would just print another, but it looked better than I supposed it would, and I liked the matte finish, it went better with my design:

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-06 at 15.37.17.jpeg

Reactions: Ron0909 and Torque
I just used plain cheap self-adhesive paper and printed in my ink printer... I figured if it looked bad or started to peel off I would just print another, but it looked better than I supposed it would, and I liked the matte finish, it went better with my design:

View attachment 166579
And that design looks brilliant! My biggest concern is removing it should I get the urge to swap it out or bring the drone back to original. I found some neat automotive wraps in the usual gloss and semi gloss carbon fiber and chameleon to practice with and I took your advice and ordered some printable stuff. This could prove to be fun😊

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan