DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

To those who have Fly More Combo...

Since new, three weeks now, I’ve never seen a notice of any of my batteries needing an update.

Is this normal?

Want to ensure I’m not missing out.
Once you're connected in the Fly app hit the button in the top left to go back to the main screen of the app and wait a few seconds. If you need an update on your battery it will pop up there in the top left.

Reactions: SW_Drone_Guy
Do you guys used all 3 batteries already? Like charged all of them, then toggle to each batteries, use it when it ran out? Because I only used 2 for now, and been keeping 1 as a "new" uncharged battery as for a future spare. Not a frequent flier, no problems with charging 2 batteries.

My question is, will the 3rd uncharged battery remain as new?(doesn't make since lol)

Is this a good idea or not?

Any inputs welcomed. Thanks

Good battery maintenance with ANY system using multiple packs dictates we should use all packs equally. I've always made a habit of logging the flight time of each pack and rotating them to keep charge and discharge times as near the same as possible (especially when using non-smart batteries). Over recent years and having flown multiple systems, including Yuneec, Autel, and DJI, I've never had a bulge in any battery pack.

Good battery maintenance with ANY system using multiple packs dictates we should use all packs equally. I've always made a habit of logging the flight time of each pack and rotating them to keep charge and discharge times as near the same as possible (especially when using non-smart batteries). Over recent years and having flown multiple systems, including Yuneec, Autel, and DJI, I've never had a bulge in any battery pack.
Good maintenance protocol. The app: Air Data does a good job of maintaining a log of use, charges, flights, total air time and maintenance schedule. I have found this to be helpful information, especially with multiple batteries. It is a robust app, that also provides data on multiple quads; flight time, control responses, etc. Worth a look.

From my experience, ID the battery and rotate is the option that works for me. I find keeping them active is better. Even my idle batteries on other quads, get a regular check, discharge and recharge. Y'know just to keep them honest :)
I have the Fly More 3 batteries and numbered them, to cycle all through easier. Batteries like to be charged! And flown ....... ??? ? (Besides, who can stop at just one?!!!! ?)

I do rotate my 3 batteries......having had my M2 zoom for a month down, each has been charged 18 times.

I am curious why others take the time to number their batteries when each has a SN written right on it that can be even be seen on Airdata. The last two letters is how I keep track though perhaps all companies don't serialize their batteries like DJI.

WDK

I do rotate my 3 batteries......having had my M2 zoom for a month down, each has been charged 18 times.

I am curious why others take the time to number their batteries when each has a SN written right on it that can be even be seen on Airdata. The last two letters is how I keep track though perhaps all companies don't serialize their batteries like DJI.

WDK
Because no research or equipment is required. The numbers are on top of the batteries...easy to see who’s up next. No phone, laptop, nor Airdata are necessary, just your vision. It is the ultimate grab and go!

Use all 3 every time. Considering a fourth as the MA2 is so much fun to fly.

I too have them numbered 1, 2, 3 with a Sharpy pen on the underside............business card too with contact info, just in case of a lost drone.

Do you guys used all 3 batteries already? Like charged all of them, then toggle to each batteries, use it when it ran out? Because I only used 2 for now, and been keeping 1 as a "new" uncharged battery as for a future spare. Not a frequent flier, no problems with charging 2 batteries.

My question is, will the 3rd uncharged battery remain as new?(doesn't make since lol)

I took a Sharpie and wrote 1 thru 3 on them to keep track of the way I charged them.

I have labels (1-3) on all of my batteries as well. But the 3rd isn't charged yet since the factory.
I took a Sharpie and wrote 1 thru 3 on them to keep track of the way I charged them.

MY 4th battery arrives today, will be charged and placed in the rotation. Yesterday I flew 2 batteries, testing the "trace" option. A sort of hid and seek, and duck under low trees while walking. It was quite enjoyable to see the MA2 pause, think about it, then go around some obstacles, all the while keeping me in sight. I walked away from it once, while it paused, it made a go around (a tree) choice and then sped up to catch me. This all with the controller sitting on a bench after identifying me. I am confident that it will follow me on a hike. Next up is a mountain bike ride. Enjoy your flying.

Because no research or equipment is required. The numbers are on top of the batteries...easy to see who’s up next. No phone, laptop, nor Airdata are necessary, just your vision. It is the ultimate grab and go!

If you turn the battery over, opposite the pins is the SN which I use for my rotation, no phone, no laptop nor Airdata necessary, just your vision. No nasty scribble with a magic marker, felt tip pin or numbered piece of tape......the ultimate grab and go and you can see it in your phone, laptop, as well as Airdata. If you ever have a problem with it, DJI is going to ask for the SN, not weather or not its battery 1, 2 or 3, I simply use the last two letters so for me its not necessary to write on it when the info is already there.

WDK

Last edited:

I use all 3. That's what I bought it for. If you're "saving" one, it might be dead by the time you use it.

All sounds good ,but what happens if you got 3 batteries and don't fly for 6mths ?

I agree with “perish the thought” but if you absolutely cannot fly, if you have the fly more kit and I am sure there are other ways but hopefully you can find the time to charge them and discharge them......though perhaps not as necessary because the newer Mavic batteries will discharge themselves after so many days and that should help keep them conditioned for use when you can fly.

WDK

Hi thank you very much,yes I have the fly more combo with the air2 but thinking I might sell as wont be able to fly for a few months I also have a smart controller so might buy a pro 2 zoom with just the one battery then I could buy another one when it's time to fly. Just put air2 on gumtree made my mind up thanks again rigsby.

Reactions: WDKZoom
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliassmith02