DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Too much on top?

Having your FAA label in the battery case does not meet the guideline. The registration has to be where it can be read without removing anything from the drone.
Yeah someone told me above. Even still I’ll keep it there in all my drones, it is so much cleaner that way and I’ve yet to have any issues with the few authorities I’ve ran into. #rebel

Yeah someone told me above. Even still I’ll keep it there in all my drones, it is so much cleaner that way and I’ve yet to have any issues with the few authorities I’ve ran into. #rebel
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji1306][emoji1258]

The point of the new regulation is to allow authorities who find your drone (like after a flyaway) to identify the owner without having to physically manipulate it and take off the battery. There has been an increased concern that drones could be rigged to explode when handled, so the FAA changed the rules to require the ID number on the outside.

Without your ID number on the outside, there is an possibility that responders will need to treat your found drone as potentially hazardous and call in the bomb squad, etc to verify it is safe. If this happens because you failed to place your ID on the outside, prepare to be billed for the additional expense at the very least.

The point of the new regulation is to allow authorities who find your drone (like after a flyaway) to identify the owner without having to physically manipulate it and take off the battery. There has been an increased concern that drones could be rigged to explode when handled, so the FAA changed the rules to require the ID number on the outside.

Without your ID number on the outside, there is an possibility that responders will need to treat your found drone as potentially hazardous and call in the bomb squad, etc to verify it is safe. If this happens because you failed to place your ID on the outside, prepare to be billed for the additional expense at the very least.

For the flying I do and the areas I go I’m not worried.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ad60