DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Took my Zoom to Brazil

Jamgar

Reactions
Going through customs they asked why I had 3 batteries, not being a smart *** but it was too fly more throughout the day. I took this pic of the Sheraton where we stayed.
c83b9cbf4e01643997fad54ea011d201.jpg

Going through customs they asked why I had 3 batteries, not being a smart *** but it was too fly more throughout the day. I took this pic of the Sheraton where we stayed.

Fab photo! Any editing done? Also did you use any filters?

Reactions: Jamgar
Nice shot. How do you travel with your Mavic? Carry-on in a hard case?

Anyone worry when flying over water?

I use the soft case that came with the fly more package, it holds 3 batteries, the drone & the controller. Plus it's easy to walk around with when I'm out looking for a place to fly. I always have it in sight and try not to get too close to the water, & I've got insurance.

Nice shot. How do you travel with your Mavic? Carry-on in a hard case?

Anyone worry when flying over water?

I have not had the opportunity but I see these amazing videos and cringe. I guess I don't have enough flying experience and worry about losing the drone even over a large open soccer field. I've been thinking of taking it on an easy, relatively flat cross country ski track that parallels are large lake. I think I could get some interesting, pretty shots but worry about it crashing out in the middle. Not sure if it is frozen enough to support retrieval. Again, I guess it is the lack of experience. On another forum a person posts these incredible shots of flying over Chilean cities. Hmmm.....

Reactions: Jamgar
Rio, I was at the Sheraton Grand hotel and resort. I talked to the hotel before flying and they were cool with it.

I am a Canadian tourist with a trip booked for Brazil in January 2020. I would like to bring a 900g drone with me when I arrive in Rio de Janeiro next month, I plan to do some recreational drone flying for personal use. Are there any restrictions/registration requirements for this small consumer drone?

This is the response I received:

Dear Sir/Madam,

In order to fly in Brazil, drones weighing more than 250 grams and less than 25 kg which are operated exclusively on visual line-of-sight below 400 feet above ground level (AGL) need to be inscribed through ‪https://sistemas.anac.gov.br/sisant‬ (only available in Portuguese). The process is done entirely online and free of charge.
It is important to notice that to complete the process, you need to enter a valid Brazilian individual taxpayer identification number or a corporate taxpayer identification number. To obtain an individual or corporate taxpayer identification number, access ‪http://www.receita.fazenda.gov.br/Aplicacoes/ATCTA/CpfEstrangeiro/defaulting.htm‬ and follow the procedures. Alternatively, you can register your drone through a Brazilian partner.
You can find more information on the Brazilian rules for operating drones in ‪www.anac.gov.br/en/drones‬.
Please note that in some cases you may also need a flight authorization from the Department of Airspace Control. Information about this aspect can be found on ‪Departamento de Controle do Espaço Aéreo (only available in Portuguese).
Regards,

Gerência Técnica do Registro Aeronáutico Brasileiro
‪Avenida Presidente Vargas, 850 - 14º andar - Centro‬
‪CEP 20071-001 - Rio de Janeiro - RJ‬
Tel. ‪+55 (21) 3501-5398‬/5400 / Fax ‪+55 (21) 3501-5440‬
e-mail: ‪[email protected]
www.anac.gov.br

AVISO DE CONFIDENCIALIDADE » Este correio eletrônico da Agência Nacional de Aviação Civil (ANAC), autarquia regida pela Lei Federal Nº 11.182, de 27 de setembro de 2005, foi direcionado exclusivamente a seu destinatário e pode conter informações confidenciais, protegidas por sigilo profissional. Sua utilização desautorizada é ilegal e condiciona o infrator às penas da lei. Caso tenha recebido esta mensagem indevidamente, redirecione ao remetente, esclarecendo o equívoco.

Would my drone get confiscated if I attempt to bring it into Brazil...I don’t have a Brazilian tax identification number as I am Canadian.
I intend on getting it registered somehow while I am over there, If that is possible ?

Will I encounter problems bring it through customs, it is not registered for Brazil flight and I am a Canadian ?

I have not had the opportunity but I see these amazing videos and cringe. I guess I don't have enough flying experience and worry about losing the drone even over a large open soccer field. I've been thinking of taking it on an easy, relatively flat cross country ski track that parallels are large lake. I think I could get some interesting, pretty shots but worry about it crashing out in the middle. Not sure if it is frozen enough to support retrieval. Again, I guess it is the lack of experience. On another forum a person posts these incredible shots of flying over Chilean cities. Hmmm.....

I live on the coast so the most interesting locations are usually over water. Once you have a few hours flying over land it really isn't an issue to send it over water. A few caveats- don't get too low as the sensors over water sometimes drift and the craft might go up/down by a few feet, and always have a fresh battery!

Here are 2 flights I made last week over water that may show you how well the Zoom handles it. Fantastic aircraft.

N'Gor Island Dakar, Senegal

Christmas sunrise over Dakar

Great photo!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming