DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Took ownership of third Mavic Pro today.

Yea for you! It does make me wonder what happened to the first two...

Mossiback I had dji care refresh.
One fell into water, another hit a light pole.
This replacement is great!
Went over 17,000 feet stock and
Still had 45 percent signal and 72 percent battery.
I could have smashed thru 20,000 if I had nerve

Well you aught to be a good pilot by now, having learned from your mistakes, but 17,000 feet out? Where in Arkansas are you flying?

I’ve learned the hard way. I’m outta a small town in central Arkansas called Searcy
It looks like there is a lot of open farmland for distance flying. I live in the Seattle area so the only open area here is over water; a graveyard for Mavics that run out of power. Enjoy your third!

i have a daily mavic i fly but i also have a unflown mavic ready to be called to duty if needed
i dont want a 2 week down time waiting for repairs as summer is short enough.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
Well you aught to be a good pilot by now, having learned from your mistakes, but 17,000 feet out? Where in Arkansas are you flying?

I enjoyed reading your comment.

I thought to myself “If crashes make you more skilled, then Danica Patrick sould be a awesome NASCAR driver by now.

Last edited:
Mossiback I had dji care refresh.
One fell into water, another hit a light pole.
This replacement is great!
Went over 17,000 feet stock and
Still had 45 percent signal and 72 percent battery.
I could have smashed thru 20,000 if I had nerve
Johnny, When you say one fell into water :/, was it a software glitch or did you accidentally ditch it? I like to fly alot over sea but don't have DJI care refresh so these stories of fly aways and drops out scare the goulies out of me!

Reactions: JohnnyD913
... I like to fly alot over sea but don't have DJI care refresh so these stories of fly aways and drops out scare the goulies out of me!
Refresh requires your wreck in exchange for a repair/replacement so you would be SOL if lost at sea. Better to find an insurance policy that covers replacement if "lost".

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
Johnny, When you say one fell into water :/, was it a software glitch or did you accidentally ditch it? I like to fly alot over sea but don't have DJI care refresh so these stories of fly aways and drops out scare the goulies out of me!

‘Eireair,
I flew into a tree and my youngest boys friend climbed up about 60 feet to get it.
As he approached the limbs let go of mavic
And below was a water hole.
I tried everything to dry it.
The next day I tried flying and everything looked
Great, I couldn’t believe it!!!!
Well after about 10 mins and several thousand
Feet away over dense woods, every warning started flashing and compass was haywire as well as all systems.
I never retrieved the mavic and Dji care refresh wanted data.
Of course luckily it appeared to have been a warranty issue to them so I got another and did
Not have to use Dji care refresh.
I have watched many vids and when I fly over water I
Am at least 25-30 feet high.
I leave on my vision sensors cause if u watch you-tube videos of the test every drone started acending and descending rapidly and if not for an excellent pilot the bird would have drown!
So don’t believe the ones saying to turn it off

Reactions: Opabob
Refresh requires your wreck in exchange for a repair/replacement so you would be SOL if lost at sea. Better to find an insurance policy that covers replacement if "lost".

Ehhhh. It covers water damage, so if you can recover it, it'd be covered. Trick is finding it tho! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22