DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Torren Lochan in Glencoe

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Perhaps the penultimate video from our Skye trip - apart from an oligatory showreel of course - and a short video from the ever stunning reflections at Torren Lochan in Glencoe, taken during our journey up to Skye...

Sadly an hour further on from this we were stuck in traffic for just under 3 hrs after an RTA ahead of us - the alternate route was 180miles and 3hrs+ of driving, so we sat it out while the air ambulance came and went - thankfully no-one was too badly injured...

Very relaxing. How many drones do you take with you on your Scottish trips? You can't nip home for a spare should anything unforeseen happen! Also, do you take a few spare cards of different sizes or download to laptop daily? Hope you don't mind me asking?

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Very relaxing. How many drones do you take with you on your Scottish trips? You can't nip home for a spare should anything unforeseen happen! Also, do you take a few spare cards of different sizes or download to laptop daily? Hope you don't mind me asking?
Thanks, this last trip I took 2 drones, the MINI3 Pro and the AIR3, previously I only had the MINI3 Pro so only took that one... I will be taking all 3 - MINI3 Pro, AIR3 and AVATA on our next trip... The MINI3 allows me to get in close to people and remain legal, the AIR3 gives better wind handling properties and the AVATA gives a diferent FPV viewpoint..

I have a 128GB Sandisk card in each drone, and another in the controller for each as a spare. I tend to download the footage daily so it is safe incase I lose a drone... I also take spare props, tools, lots of batteries and a couple of decent chargers for use in the accommodation and have 2 incar hargers for topping up while travelling...

Hello from the USA! I’ve never been over the pond so I am curious. I hear about all the restrictions our UK pilot friends have to deal with, but I see many drone still's and videos from Scotland and Ireland. I get the impression those countries are more drone friendly?

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Hello from the USA! I’ve never been over the pond so I am curious. I hear about all the restrictions our UK pilot friends have to deal with, but I see many drone still's and videos from Scotland and Ireland. I get the impression those countries are more drone friendly?
Hi, there are some areas where drone flying is ok, and others where you have to check the rules, a good app makes a diference... Some FRZ are time restricted, especially the low fly zones for military, so if you do your checks and contact the RAF if usure then you can be ok to fly... Small drones are less restricted, larger ones have to stay further away, hence why I have 3 drones and an A2CofC licence...
Same rules apply in all countries of the UK, just more airpors in England and greater concentration of people, hence more restrictions in certain areas...
Hope that helps :)

Reactions: Nanny Ogg and Dbez1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor