DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 Touch of fall colors and getting some flight time.

Bad Santa

Reactions
Yesterday it was threatening to rain all day but it was just a threat.
Towards the end of the day I thought about the fall colors and how they will soon be gone.
In my area we have more evergreens than deciduous trees so the fall colors aren't as spectacular as they are in the Midwest and Northeast but there's this one park that has trees that canopy a lane wide stretch. I was hoping they'd be in full color but, alas.
The window for Fall colors is small as the moment they become their best, there will be a storm and the winds will take all the leaves from the trees.
My next two weeks are busy so this weekend was probably my only chance.

My goal was to thread a pair of trees, do a drop over water, get some fall colors, NOT CRASH.

With the threat of rain, I went to the park and as soon as I set up, it started to rain. I hunkered down in my car, powered up the Mini and playes with the gimbal settings a little. I was trying to get the rigid change in angles down a little.
ANyhow, with about 20 minutes before the flight cutoff, I the rain stopped.
I set up close to the trees and took off. Below is the raw footage.
The cutoff time for flying was 6:07. I landed at 6:06.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: sarahb
Nice videos! Fall is my favorite season. Part 1 looked better than Part 2 to me. There seemed to be a bit of haze in the second one, at least in the beginning. It did clear up as the video continued though.

Reactions: sarahb
Nice videos! Fall is my favorite season. Part 1 looked better than Part 2 to me. There seemed to be a bit of haze in the second one, at least in the beginning. It did clear up as the video continued though.
Thanks.

I should have set the aperture a little higher to compensate for the low light.
The purpose of these flights, and videos are to learn the drone and it's capabilities as well as to learn how to compensate for conditions.

It's all part of a process.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PolKrestof