DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Touch Pad Driving Me Crazy

m chaussettes

Reactions
I got the BT-300 last week. Very impressed with image quality and build, but the touchpad is making me nuts. Whenever I click on anything or type something out, it is so sensitive that it takes me forever to do anything with it. If I breathe on the touch-pad it interprets that as a selection. Has anyone else experienced this? It's the only reason I would consider sending it back.

Reactions: awsan5
Pair it with a blue tooth mouse and trouble is over. All setting up and plannng can be done quit easily. The small touch pad is very fiddly to use I agree. Obviously it does not help when in the field with the Mavic but it all depends how much you keep selecting menus when flying.

I've done both the bluetooth mouse and bluetooth keyboard for setup and it works great.

But the real key is just learning how to use the trackpad. The tendency I had at first, was to try to be as gentle with the pad as possible...to trace my finger lightly to move around the screen. It turned out, this was exactly the wrong thing to do. I would get a lot of false clicks because my finger would bump slightly and the pad would interpret it as a click. Very frustrating.

I found that moving the mouse with a FIRM touch is the answer. Be very positive about your movements and really make firm contact with the pad when scrolling and moving the mouse - you'll find the device becomes much easier to use. Not as easy as the bluetooth devices, which I still use to do setup, but definitely workable for everything else.

- Gary

Pair it with a blue tooth mouse and trouble is over. All setting up and plannng can be done quit easily. The small touch pad is very fiddly to use I agree. Obviously it does not help when in the field with the Mavic but it all depends how much you keep selecting menus when flying.
Agreed, using one's finger to type on the touch pad I found infuriatingly difficult. The mouse as described is the way to go.

Just answered my own question. Nevermind. BTW, is there anyone who has tried these things and didn't like them?

View attachment 68099
When attempting to type via the touch pad using only finger control to enter such things as passwords I found infuriating. Finally found the way to go was via a link to a mouse and traditional keyboard. BTW thanks for the screen shot re. touch pad sensitivity which I for one hadn't yet come across. I'll give that a go for when I'm out in the field.

What a great and confidence inspiring response. Another question: I am not sure whether it is because I've had a couple of eye surgeries or just an artifact of the tech, but you guys ever see like double menu items particularly near the edge of the screen?

What a great and confidence inspiring response. Another question: I am not sure whether it is because I've had a couple of eye surgeries or just an artifact of the tech, but you guys ever see like double menu items particularly near the edge of the screen?
Can't say that I have, but I wish the icons on the edge of the camera view were more prominent and bold. I need to use prescription lenses in the lens holder and sometimes even so they appear a tad too small for me and yes, a little indistinct, but the former might be more of a DJI issue than the Epson Moverio's. When I used a Samsung 8" tablet connected to the RC they looked larger, only problem was, that as I fly mainly in the tropics with its attendant strong sunlight, the sun too often overpowered the tablet, even using a sunshade and my ability to see distinctly what the Mavic saw as well as the icons! Which is why I purchased the BT-300'S!
It occasionally helped to adjust the Moverio's nose pad slightly from side to side if the icons on one edge of the displayed image were indistinct. I wonder if the pupil to pupil distance might play a part in indistinct icons on the periphery of one's vision? If so, future versions of these ground-breaking glasses might include the capability to make minor adjustments to the space between the twin OLED displays to take account of different head sizes and eyes being slightly wider apart from person to person? As it is I'm still getting to grips with my Moverio and my Mavic's instructions which at nigh-on 130 pages and using them makes one think of going back to university to do a course on how to use all this 21st century tech!

This sounds like an interpupillary distance issue. If your pupils are not 70mm apart, you may see ghosting and double vision. Rochester Optical can make inserts that correct that, if you get your eyes measured (each eye separately). They run $200, but they actually work. You can have them made along with your (distance) prescription for the same price.

I got the BT-300 last week. Very impressed with image quality and build, but the touchpad is making me nuts. Whenever I click on anything or type something out, it is so sensitive that it takes me forever to do anything with it. If I breathe on the touch-pad it interprets that as a selection. Has anyone else experienced this? It's the only reason I would consider sending it back.
I spent literally 5 hours trying to type in my network password. It is driving me crazy. The letter “w” gives me the number “2”/instead. If I type more than 5 or 6 characters the screen jumps back to Home and I have to start again. If I continue to have typing issues I will have no choice but to return it.
How can I use Bluetooth and a mouse if I cant control the track pad at all?
mike

I spent literally 5 hours trying to type in my network password. It is driving me crazy. The letter “w” gives me the number “2”/instead. If I type more than 5 or 6 characters the screen jumps back to Home and I have to start again. If I continue to have typing issues I will have no choice but to return it.
How can I use Bluetooth and a mouse if I cant control the track pad at all?
mike
I purchased a blue tooth mouse keyboard a mini one this solved my problem. You are right the touchpad is very tricky.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S