DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tourist flight in Canada

gabrielsp01

Reactions
Hi folks,

I'm from Brazil and tomorrow I'll go to Canada. Can I take my drone with me, or I need license to fly? Will i have a problem getting into Canada with my drone?

Sorry about my english.

Reactions: Dronage
You should have no problem getting in but they have their own set of recreational flight rules that could impact if/when/where you can fly. I was in BC last December and the one thing that stood out to me was no night flying at all. Honestly don’t know what if any rules have changed since then however.

The rules changed in june 1, I want bring with me my drone and enter in Canada but I`m afraid to enter in Canada without permission or wahtever that I need.
When I stay there, I make the course and try to pass the exam.

if I take the drone with me to canada without these allowances, can you seize my drone? can something happen to me?

There shouldn't be a problem getting the drone into the country, however, to fly it legally, you would need to apply for an SFOC (Special Flight Operating Certificate) from Transport Canada to fly your drone as you are not a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident I assume. You cannot take the certification test online because you have to have citizenship or have permanent residency. Here is a link to the transport Canada site that explains the rules and a link to the application form Get permission to fly your drone outside the rules - Transport Canada

Do i need to Par 107 certified to apply for the special permit? I started filling one out but theres some boxes asking for Certificate# or something like that, im planing on going on July 2020, im only registered with the FAA, havent taken any test or anything, will that affect the approval of the special permit?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman