DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tracking and recovery systems

March411

Reactions
Still a rookie but I have been clocking a lot of hours this month and pushing my comfort level regarding flight distance (maintain VLOS).

That being said I am still a bit paranoid pushing the distance to far. I've been researching tracking systems, looked at the Marco Polo and was wondering how many people use them and are they really worth the investment.

The other concern is weight and placement, where do you mount them and do the impact the flight and battery life of the smaller MM2

Have a play with find my drone.
It is built in to controller and if you still can't find it when you close ,providing battery still providing power, you can make it buzz and flash lights..
It works well. I have used it a couple of times.
Power the drone on and have a friend go hide it for you. Then go find your drone. Good to practice these things before you actually need them.

Good flying

Thanks, I have used find my drone once too and it worked well. I was just wondering what people were using for those instances where the battery is dead on the drone and you would like to have another option. The Marco Polo power lasts days but the profile and wire hanging off it gave me pause.

what about one of those apple tags or one of the Samsung ones? I don't know if they would interfere with the onboard nav and what not...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS