DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Train Chasing is amazing

Interesting to video rail switch yard for patterens, graffiti, switching hump yard.
Switch yard tower in my location is 1.12 mi. from Airport tower. Probably won't fly there.

@dirkclod I like the lightning flash in the clouds! Very cool overall!
Thanks. That's why I was there hoping to catch a bunch of lightning
but it was slow then the trains came by .

Great video... Just cruisin with the train. IDK if I could get that range or not. But we have a old wood bridge near here and the trains run 8-10 times a day. I may have to try this.

I heard a train coming and decided to throw up the Mavic to see what it could get. This is the result.
WOW - very very nice. I didn't want it to end.

After all those amazing 1/2 mile long American freight trains - here's something at the opposite end of the spectrum.

This is a small branch line in Cornwall at the far south west of England UK. Quite fun chasing a train in sports mode!

After all those amazing 1/2 mile long American freight trains - here's something at the opposite end of the spectrum.

This is a small branch line in Cornwall at the far south west of England UK. Quite fun chasing a train in sports mode!

Oh noes! You flew over a golf course with active golfers! There's ppl in other threads that would see you hanged for such an act. ;)

Beautiful scenery. Enjoyed the clip. [emoji106]

Reactions: The Angry Prepper
Still getting clips of my buddy for a video but this morning when I got there it was an Eagle perched on top and we have very few of those here . This just from app but still at it . Will end up with 10 hours for 3 minutes before it's over .
But is fun ;)

Reactions: geigy
Still getting clips of my buddy for a video but this morning when I got there it was an Eagle perched on top and we have very few of those here . This just from app but still at it . Will end up with 10 hours for 3 minutes before it's over .
But is fun ;)

I'm no ornithologist, but to my untrained eye, that looks more like an Osprey than an eagle. Fascinating bird nonetheless...

But is fun ;)

Nice early morning video. Great to catch wildlife. Early morning light and colors my favorite.
Have to agree with erkme73, believe bird is an Osprey. Below shots IMG_2768.PNG
IMG_2769.PNG
of this morning Osprey attacking my Mavic.

Cool shot's . We only have about 6 pairs of nesting eagles here
and rarely see em . I have seen lot's of ospreys as I lived at Lake Monroe for 25 years and first thing I noticed was the white head on that bird and the white under the tail. I still say it was a eagle as I watched it fly off but really no matter .
Still cool as ya say seeing big bird's early .
Your pictures look like you were lucky to get away .
I just added the bird in the clip as I thought it was cool as it really was just about the train .

Really cool train videos, unfortunately it in not allowed in Germany. According to the new drone law, one has to stay away 100 meters sideways of railway waterways and the Autobahn.

Here's one I shot last spring with my P3S. I need to revisit the bridge now that it's summer and I have my Mavic. This thread may push me to head out here this weekend!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcb2627