DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Training Areas

David Berger

Reactions
I recently join this forum and love the information and help available. Looking to purchase my first bird this week and want to get out to learn to fly it. I live in Milford, MA right on the Hopkinton/Milford line and was wondering if anyone knows a good area to start flying in. I am sure that there are a lot of places currently closed due to Covid restrictions. Any ideas of where and who to contact would be appreciated.

Welcome the the forum! Your average deserted public school athletic field should suffice for your first few flights. Local regs may vary but you normally do not need to contact anyone to use a public school field.

Thanks for the reply. I had thought about that but unfortunately the field at the local school has a posted sign prohibiting the flying of model aircraft. Local municipalities each have their own rules I guess. Someone said there is an R/C field somewhere in the area but I haven't been able to locate it.

I would check out the area around Milford Pond. There are some ball fields in Plains Park that look interesting. The problem with your area is all the Mavic Magnets (trees).

I would check out the area around Milford Pond. There are some ball fields in Plains Park that look interesting. The problem with your area is all the Mavic Magnets (trees).
They use that field for some R/C airplane shows during the summer months. Hopefully comes June they Will reopen as it is closed down because of (can you guess?).

I fly at a field that is also closed, although many walk right past the closed signs and go inside. I park next to it and fly over it. The only risk involved is if it has to land inside I would need to go in to retrieve it but I have never had to make an alternate landing (yet).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3