DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Transferring data to a new phone

AtomQ

Reactions
I don't know if I really need/want to do this but... I will be getting a new phone. Is there an easy way to transfer the flight data on my current phone over to the new one? I am using DJI Fly and Airdata (I didn't even know Litchi existed until a few minutes ago). I am referring to the past flight records that must be stored on my phone.

On Android.

Thanks!

Copy the flight logs from phone 1 to a computer and then from your computer to phone 2.
That's how I do it and it works with Android phones and a Windows computer.

I have not tried copying the "Flightrecord" folder to a phone but I have copied it from a phone to a computer.
When I have copied logs from the computer to a phone I copied the individual logs, either singly or en masse.
Via windows, if both phones are simultaneously connected to the computer, you might be able to copy straight from one phone to the other but I like a backup.

To create, on the new phone, the file system necessary to recieve the logs it maybe necessary to first fly a flight using the new phone.

It might be possible to blue tooth etc. the files across but I find it easier to do the above and it's probably quicker than blue-toothing etc..

Similarily it maybe possible to sync the logs with DJI and and then download them from DJI but I see no point in that and you may lose the DAT files in the process.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Airdata's free storage is limited to 100 logs?

A flying history perhaps, I have in excess of 2800 saved on my computer, with my mini having more than 700.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where do you find the files on your Android phone? I know how to move around the file system but I am having trouble locating the files I would copy over to my new phone.

Also going to look at the Airdata option. Thanks!

Here

Attachments

• 04 Fly app path to mini flight logs.png
    04 Fly app path to mini flight logs.png
    102 KB · Views: 6
Thanks for the screenshot. Unfortunately, I don't have that Flightrecord folder. Almost all these folders are empty too. It seems odd that this is so hard to find. I also tried doing a file search and nothing came up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211018-221422_My Files.jpg
    Screenshot_20211018-221422_My Files.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 4
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu