DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Transferring video

adbeal

Reactions
Does anybody know how to transfer video and keep sound taken with my mavic pro on it to another platform or device and still keep the sound that was recorded?

Sound is only recorded on the cached video on your mobile and this is by a setting when you are connected to the Mavic. There is no sound on the video stored on the SD card on the Mavic. I spent almost a fully charged battery just going through and understanding all of the settings after my 2nd hour of flight time.

You can transfer both video files to whatever device you're editing on, sync them up and delete the low-res cached video, then render a new video with the audio and the high-res video from the SD card. That's what I've done several times:

You can transfer both video files to whatever device you're editing on, sync them up and delete the low-res cached video, then render a new video with the audio and the high-res video from the SD card. That's what I've done several times:

I'm not sure how to do that

Why don’t you just download the original video via WiFi and plug it into a mobile editor and add any music you want?

Reactions: ksmusa
I'm not wanting to add music. I want the people's voices on the ground that were recorded.

The mavic doesn’t record audio

As has been discussed above, audio can be recorded with the video cached to your mobile device, using the microphone on the mobile device. It’s an option in the Go 4 app.

Reactions: adbeal
Name some please. I have some apps on my cell phone. I'm not sure what they all do. I might have adobe photoshop on my laptop.

It sounds like you're new enough to video editing that combining audio from one file with video from another may be too complex to start with. You might be better off just using the cached video and audio from your iPhone.

Reactions: ksmusa
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS