DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Transformer Drone!

Very clever people.
Is that an FAA registration number on the side?
I think they would do better to have either "Inspire like rising/lowering arms" or extending undercarriage.
I don't like the "tyres sliding across the ground" idea, especially when converting to wheeled transport, I think there'd be a tendency to peel the tyres off their rims.
A probably minor point but they are going to have to be careful about dust etc. sealing the various pivots and motors. Currently it looks like the wheel/prop motors are open and I can't help but wonder about sand/dust getting in and jamming a motor.

PS..... I want one lol.

A robot with such a broad set of capabilities would have applications ranging from the transport of injured people to a hospital to the exploration of other planets, says Mory Gharib (PhD '83),

I mean I'd love to say that I agree with Mory here and can see how important I feel this development is in for these types of situations... but:

Caltech has developed an amazing robotic drone!

New Bioinspired Robot Flies, Rolls, Walks, and More

Just imagine a future where your drone goes down and it will be able to extricate itself and drive itself home!

;)

Mark
I'm with Mark on this. :)

Caltech has developed an amazing robotic drone!

New Bioinspired Robot Flies, Rolls, Walks, and More

Just imagine a future where your drone goes down and it will be able to extricate itself and drive itself home!

;)

Mark
That last statement “sounds” good but c’mon. Do you REALLY think that tech is gonna be available to Joe average ??
Put A.I. and firepower in it and we’re all doomed. Have I been watching too many Terminator movies ? Yep. Seen em all.
You don’t think it’s coming ?? I hope you’re right. I’m not that optimistic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure