DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Transmitter pairing with Samsung S9 Plus question...

hockeypop98

Reactions
I'm sure this issue I have experienced on a few occasions of times is self-induced, just hoping somebody can spot what I've done to create it.

Example: Yesterday, I'm out on a trail, decide to stop and do a flight through the trees. Everything is fine. I shut down my mavic air, and the transmitter, but forget to stop the app (screen went to sleep).

At the next point I want to fly, I start the mav, the transmitter, and see I hadn't closed the app. It doesn't pair. I closed app, then unplugged & unplugged in the usb cord, app opens doesn't pair. I use the "connect to wired connection" and get a message like "plane connected to wifi connection" in an error box. I look and see my phone has made a wireless connection to the phone. No matter how many times I disconnect it and go through the routine to connect through the transmitter, either it reconnects to the phone only, or I it gets to the point where it should link with the transmitter, and never links.

After about 20 minutes of this fiasco, I pack it up a d head back up the trail.

This morning, I open it up to check the footage (through the transmitter as if I was out flying) and the link goes through without a hitch.

I'm half tempted to give up my larger, brighter oled screen (which these aged eyes appreciate) and try my ipod touch, which I only use now to adjust my spinal cord stimulator. I've never used apple's app, but a friend swears his phantom 4 runs much better through his ipad.

I'm sure this issue I have experienced on a few occasions of times is self-induced, just hoping somebody can spot what I've done to create it.

Example: Yesterday, I'm out on a trail, decide to stop and do a flight through the trees. Everything is fine. I shut down my mavic air, and the transmitter, but forget to stop the app (screen went to sleep).

At the next point I want to fly, I start the mav, the transmitter, and see I hadn't closed the app. It doesn't pair. I closed app, then unplugged & unplugged in the usb cord, app opens doesn't pair. I use the "connect to wired connection" and get a message like "plane connected to wifi connection" in an error box. I look and see my phone has made a wireless connection to the phone. No matter how many times I disconnect it and go through the routine to connect through the transmitter, either it reconnects to the phone only, or I it gets to the point where it should link with the transmitter, and never links.

After about 20 minutes of this fiasco, I pack it up a d head back up the trail.

This morning, I open it up to check the footage (through the transmitter as if I was out flying) and the link goes through without a hitch.

I'm half tempted to give up my larger, brighter oled screen (which these aged eyes appreciate) and try my ipod touch, which I only use now to adjust my spinal cord stimulator. I've never used apple's app, but a friend swears his phantom 4 runs much better through his ipad.
i have the note 9 and use it with my mpp and use my ipad with my ph4pro 2.0 and every once in awhile they both don’t want to play with each other so i will have to turn off the phone or tab and restart them and everything works fine after that.

Reactions: hockeypop98
i have the note 9 and use it with my mpp and use my ipad with my ph4pro 2.0 and every once in awhile they both don’t want to play with each other so i will have to turn off the phone or tab and restart them and everything works fine after that.
Thanks Bill. One thing I don't know that I should, does my phone wifi need to be on when wired to the transmitter? (And they say there are no stupid questions!)?

Thanks Bill. One thing I don't know that I should, does my phone wifi need to be on when wired to the transmitter? (And they say there are no stupid questions!)?
i don’t think it haas to be in fact some say put your phone in airplane mode so you won’t be disturbed

Reactions: hockeypop98

Have you tried force stopping the app vs a full restart?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael Greece