DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Transport Canada Enforcement Officer

Fellow BC person here. I am curious how this turns out. You broke no regulations. And I fly a mini- so it's smaller and has fewer regulations. I'm waiting for a CAVE (citizens against virtually everything) to complain about me.

My buddy, a heavily licensed drone pilot who's stepping up into the super accredited professional drone pilot role.

I'm avoiding that. Mini is under the radar, under the notice of others and I hope to keep it more or less that way.

I did shoot a video of a train, where I played chicken with it. I didn't have my uber fast micro chip in, so the resolution is down, and it needs editing. But it was fun.

My buddy did a shoot on a roof too close to an airport, so he called Transport Canada and requested clearance. They delayed him, because the snowbirds were taking off. He called back, got clearance, flew, and called back to close his flight plan. It was no fuss no muss. That was weird and cool.

Reactions: CareyL
Hi dronefreak2020. I'm a newb here on this forum but just my personal opinion, I don't think they will go for it. I don't think they are looking for a revenue generator (like charging every year for a fishing or hunting licence or every few years for a new driver's licence). It is viewed as an aircraft and you as a pilot operating in the national airspace system shared with other aircraft operations, and require all pilots of aircraft to do a review every two years. I see they have a new questionnaire for RPAS pilots although I haven't gone through it. Save your money, get back into the books.
But when you sat they are not looking for a revenue' They charge 10.00 a shot to write the exams and most have to write it more then once.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143