DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Transporting drone (Mavic Air) from Europe to the USA (The Netherlands -> UK -> Miami)

Stefan1294

Reactions
Hi guys,

I've been checking many threads and questions regarding flying drones from one country to another. I have barely read any issues regarding transporting your drone to another country, with an exception of Morocco. However, my question may be a little bit more detailed because I am flying from Amsterdam (NL) to London (UK) to Miami (USA). I want to make sure my Mavic Air will not be confiscated on my way to vacation and potentially losing approx. $1300 (including all accessoires)

Does anyone know if I can safely transport my Mavic Air to the UK and then USA? I will not be flying "internationally" from Amsterdam to London, since the UK is still part of the EU. Which means, I will have to check in once again in the UK gain access to the international gates. So, I will have to check-in twice (Amsterdam and UK). I will travel at July 22th.

What I have done already/will do:
- Purchased a LiPo Safe bag for 3 batteries (one "big" bag with 3 sections);
- Registered my drone in the USA at the FAA for $5, since my flight is non-commerical and pure hobby based;
- I will discharge my batteries to 20%;
- Batteries and drone (without propellers) will be in my carry-on baggage

Do I also have to purchase electrical tape to secure the battery connecting "points"?

Thank you

the best thing to do is carry the drone in your carry on, and remember you can not put the batteries in checked luggage, they have to be in your carry on, even if the drone goes in the cargo hold in checked luggage.

I have never heard of U S Customs grabbing a sUAV, they are pretty common here.

What you need to look at is your air carriers policy on drones, some have banned them as checked or carry on items.

you do have a way to charge your batteries on 120v 60cycle power right?

Reactions: Stefan1294
Yes Morocco is a ***** - we're doing a roadtrip from Agadir up to Essuoira then into the Atlas Mountains in September and I was miffed as hell to discover that drones are 100% banned.

Reactions: Stefan1294
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada