DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Travel to the USA

Tolale

Reactions
Hi all,
I'm travelling to Florida soon and I'm coming over from Spain. I've tried looking for what the exact regulations and requirements I would need to comply with to fly the drone (DJI MINI 2 SE).
While searching online I've found different information which sometimes is a little contradictory as to what I'd need to to to comply with regulations:
  • Do I need to get a license or pass the TRUST exam to fly with a Mini 2?
  • Or any other certificate or license?
  • Do I need to register the drone and/or put any specific markings on it? (In Spain we need to have a small metal plate with contact details and license on it)
  • I've downloaded the B4UFLY app to see where I can and can't fly the drone, is there anything else anyone would recommend?
I tried searching through the different posts to see if this had been asked before, but I couldn't find it.
Thanks!

In the State of California:
1. You will need to take the TRUST for any RC vehicle -even Minis
2. No other license or certificate needed
3. If you are a guest from Spain ( or any other country, you simply need to display your Number from your country. BUT ONLY if you are using your Mini for Commercial Purposes.-- Recreational, you need no number.
4. In addition to B4UFLY there is a little app called DRONE BUDDY that people use to share flying spots in their area
Imagine the law is the same in Florida
Around My area The first thing law enforcement will ask for is your TRUST proof (CARD or Digital)

Simply put: To fly in the US if you're from another country, you will need to take and pass the TRUST exam. No registration is required. However you are only allowed to fly recreationally under this status.

Click the link below to see the FAA page with full details for foreign operators.

Foriengners.jpg

Thank you all for the information; it's all been very useful and interesting! I just got the TRUST certificate (very straightforward test and no hassle) and I'm looking forward to flying a little while I'm over there. 😀

Reactions: beroe
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Have a great holiday

Thank you all for the information; it's all been very useful and interesting! I just got the TRUST certificate (very straightforward test and no hassle) and I'm looking forward to flying a little while I'm over there. 😀
I wish Spain was equally painless but its not. You folks shave some red tape there that make it impossible to fly if coming from overseas, even though in theory is possible. I guess the US still remains THE free country... :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne