DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling to Ireland with my new Mavic 2 Zoom

brahern02

Reactions
So I am very new to the drone world (however, I have been flying RC planes and occasional helicopters for a few years now.). I am traveling to Ireland with my wife in August and I picked up a new Mavic 2 Zoom to bring with along with a GoPro. It is my wife's first time here so I am trying to photo/video document everything as much as I can. I have some worries about bringing the drone with however. I guess it's the fear of the unknown since this is all fairly new to me.

We will be in Mayo, Galway, Ennis, Aran Islands, Dingle, Cork and Dublin. There is no way I will attempt to fly in Dublin. Just no. Are there good locations in Galway that I won't run into trouble flying from? Cork and the surrounding area are iffy with the airport. I would be ok if at 50ft or less. Aran Islands are also a hard no as they all have airports. Mayo I should have little issues I would think. The Dingle Peninsula is really where the drone would be awesome. We are going to Great Blaskett Island as well and I think that would be awesome to film with a drone. I don't believe they have any drone restrictions on the island, or if they do, I can't seem to find them anywhere. I will also try Dingle Harbor. Any other good locations in or near these areas to do get some good pictures/video? Any tips on flying over water as I think a good deal of flying may be near or above water.

Also one last thing. The charger says it's rated for 110-240v 50-60hz. I'm assuming all I will need is an adapter to fit the outlets or even a UK style figure 8 cable to charge. Charger should be ok. Am I correct? I just want to make sure I don't fry anything. The cord also says it's rated for 300V so again, I'm assuming I'm totally fine plugging my charger in to any outlet in Ireland. I have several months to practice. Any tips or reassurances would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: Steel63
So I am very new to the drone world (however, I have been flying RC planes and occasional helicopters for a few years now.). I am traveling to Ireland with my wife in August and I picked up a new Mavic 2 Zoom to bring with along with a GoPro. It is my wife's first time here so I am trying to photo/video document everything as much as I can. I have some worries about bringing the drone with however. I guess it's the fear of the unknown since this is all fairly new to me.

We will be in Mayo, Galway, Ennis, Aran Islands, Dingle, Cork and Dublin. There is no way I will attempt to fly in Dublin. Just no. Are there good locations in Galway that I won't run into trouble flying from? Cork and the surrounding area are iffy with the airport. I would be ok if at 50ft or less. Aran Islands are also a hard no as they all have airports. Mayo I should have little issues I would think. The Dingle Peninsula is really where the drone would be awesome. We are going to Great Blaskett Island as well and I think that would be awesome to film with a drone. I don't believe they have any drone restrictions on the island, or if they do, I can't seem to find them anywhere. I will also try Dingle Harbor. Any other good locations in or near these areas to do get some good pictures/video? Any tips on flying over water as I think a good deal of flying may be near or above water.

Also one last thing. The charger says it's rated for 110-240v 50-60hz. I'm assuming all I will need is an adapter to fit the outlets or even a UK style figure 8 cable to charge. Charger should be ok. Am I correct? I just want to make sure I don't fry anything. The cord also says it's rated for 300V so again, I'm assuming I'm totally fine plugging my charger in to any outlet in Ireland. I have several months to practice. Any tips or reassurances would be greatly appreciated!
Why not dublin i live in dublin the outskirts dublin mountains perfect for the drone

Reactions: Steel63
You need a license from the Irish Aviation Agency. You can start by going to:
Home
That will walk you through the process which begins with registering your "asset" which will cost you 5 Euros.
I went through the process about a month ago (haven't heard anything back, yet) for my trip in June. When I get back from this cruise I'm going to start digging in to try and find out about how long I'll have to wait for my "license"

Here’s a pretty good start on everything you need to know and do...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu