DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling to Jordan, here is some information you should know

Gibstr

Reactions
Traveling on a multi country recreational tour from Greece, to Egypt, Israel and Jordan. Greece - I was able to register as an operator in the EU, Egypt will hold your storage in storage at customs, Israel granted permission via the Aeroclub but Jordan was giving me difficulty. After several emails to the authorities to try and either get permission to fly my drone or trying to find out if they will hold it at customs Jordan has been unresponsive as I have read in several threads. I decided to try the The Royal Film Commission in Jordan and here is their response. Hopefully this will help someone out in the future if you are looking for information. I have also been advised that sometimes in Egypt and Israel it will depend on the mood of the customs officer you are dealing with etc. After the Jordan response I have decided to leave my drone at home for this trip and I will take it in the spring on my Asia trip.

Greetings from the Royal Film Commission – Jordan.

Please be informed that in general, Drones are prohibited in Jordan but as a film commission, we do facilitate the entry and usage of drones to Jordan for production/filming purposes, the application process requires a minimum of 10 working days from the day we receive all forms filled with the supporting documents (attached) -knowing that filling the applications requires involving a local fixer, please check our production directory for possible fixers here: Production Directory.

The attached forms need to be filled out for obtaining shooting permits and as below:

• Production form
  • Synopsis form ( must be filled in Arabic)
  • Crew list form (to be filled in Arabic for Jordanians with the National Numbers, and for non-Jordanians we need the name as per the passport and the passport number)
  • Equipment list form (in case you are bringing equipment other than the Drone with you)
  • Equipment agreement
  • Locations List
  • Production Safety Guidelines
  • Drone form (and we need the passport copy for the Drone holder)
Costs of using a drone for filming in Jordan:

• 1000 JOD (around 1410 US$) deposit fee that will be refundable when leaving Jordan, needs to be paid to the airport customs department.

• 500 JOD (around 705 US$) as customs registration fees that must be paid to the airport customs department.

• 150 JOD (around 211 US$) per day for drone usage, needs to be paid to the Military Media Department.

• 50 JOD (around 71 US$) per day for drone storage, needs to be paid to the Military Media Department.

Furthermore, The Jordanian Army will assign a representative to handle the drone upon arrival till departure, and during drone usage day/s, which requires that the production to cover the transportation, accommodation (outside Amman), and F&B for the representative.

An agreement needs to be signed between the production and the Military Media Department before the drone’s arrival in Jordan, depending on the number of flying dates mentioned in the application, the accumulated amounts need to be paid in advance when signing the agreement.

But, in case you decide not to fly the drone in Jordan, then the drone will be kept at the airport customs department for free (for 7 days), if you are staying for more than a week then you will pay storage fees for the customs which is something minimal.

Please feel free to contact us for any further needed information.

Best regards,

Luna Halim Ibrahim
Production Services Coordinator

T: +962 6 464 2266 ext. 25
M: +962 79 7441440
F: +962 6 464

www.film.jo

😮 that’s a bit costly, and you try and smuggle it in I imagine it would be worse.
Regards

Reactions: Gibstr
Jordan, as beautiful as it may be, would not be on my travel schdule, especially if entering after having visited Israel. It's too bad that you'll be leaving your drone at home as there are some sights in Egypt and Israel that would spectacular to photograph from the air. As stated, you could leave your drone at customs in Jordan. It would be a shame not to have it for the rest of the trip.

Which done model would you have been taking?

Update - After multiple attempts to get a reply from the Jordan Civil Aviation Regulatory Commission of Jordan, I decided to contact the Queen Alia International Airport in Jordan for their take on drone entry at customs. It took a month to get a reply, hopefully, others will find this information helpful.

Greetings,

We hereby confirm the receipt of your E-mail with regard to your inquiry.

With regard to the below mentioned subject, please be informed that when you arrive at Queen Alia International Airport, the drone will be held in the Customs’ custody, and you will be provided with a receipt to receive your drone when you depart from Queen Alia International Airport; which must be submitted within a specific time frame.

Accordingly, we urge you to refer to the Jordan Customs through the below link:

https://www.customs.gov.jo/ar/index.aspx

We thank you for your input and we hope you will enjoy your next visit to Queen Alia International airport.

Yours sincerely,

Customer Knowledge & Satisfaction Department
Quality Safety & Risk Management Division

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000