DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tried to fly today but DJI Go4 wont open

Duse

Reactions
Wanted to go for a distance run today BUT,,,,,,
Out of nowhere ,For some reason my ipad DJI GO4 wont do anything.When I click the app to open ,it opens Dji GO4 Go Create
IMG_0141.PNG
but wont let me do anything.and then it closes after a minute.Anyone know why?I ended up flying with my phone but didnt go for distance..
This is a dedicated Ipad air2

You try deleting app and reinstalling it ?

Got ya. Thumbswayup

I am assuming you are on iOS 11.1.2. The app wont open in that iOS. You are forced to update to 11.2 if you want to use the Go app again.

I am assuming you are on iOS 11.1.2. The app wont open in that iOS. You are forced to update to 11.2 if you want to use the Go app again.

if it makes a difference,,,,i'm on version iOS 11.1(why?Right or wrong ,Im a believer in if it aint broke dont fix it)
Iv been flying with this for @1million feet until yesterday.
I have seen a few post with the Mav being locked out until update,you can still get in the app it just has a yellow bannar staying lock. mine just wont let me in the app

So is the app functioning properly, but the app is restricting flight? Or is the app crashing when you start it?

If it is crashing, there is a known issue with iOS 11.1.x that causes the Go app to crash immediately. I had it too. It just started one day, I don't know how. I leave my updates off and I had intended to stay on 11.1 so I could jailbreak now that it has been released. I had to update to 11.2 to make the Go app function again killing my option to jailbreak. Go app on my other devices on iOS 9 & 10 works fine. Only my devices on 11.1 were affected.

If your using iOS, what are you using, iPhone or iPad? I used to have the problem where, the app closed for no reason with iPhone 7. Changed to iPad Air2 and the problem went away!
Just a thought...

If your using iOS, what are you using, iPhone or iPad? I used to have the problem where, the app closed for no reason with iPhone 7. Changed to iPad Air2 and the problem went away!
Just a thought...
What iOS version is on the iPad Air2?
For me it was happening on my new iPad Pro 10.5", my iPhone 6+ and my iPhone 7+ all running iOS 11.1. My iPad Mini running iOS 9 has no problems.

I’m using 11.2 the same as my iPhone 7. But like I said, the iPhone keeps crashing... I won’t use my phone anymore, just the iPad.

Hope this helps?

I’m using 11.2 the same as my iPhone 7. But like I said, the iPhone keeps crashing... I won’t use my phone anymore, just the iPad.

Hope this helps?
OK, 11.2 is good to go. You may need to delete and reinstall the Go app on the iPhone, or possibly you may have to restore it. Once I moved my iPhone 7+ to 11.2 from 11.1 is worked again.

So is the app functioning properly, but the app is restricting flight? Or is the app crashing when you start it?

If it is crashing, there is a known issue with iOS 11.1.x that causes the Go app to crash immediately. I had it too. It just started one day, I don't know how. I leave my updates off and I had intended to stay on 11.1 so I could jailbreak now that it has been released. I had to update to 11.2 to make the Go app function again killing my option to jailbreak. Go app on my other devices on iOS 9 & 10 works fine. Only my devices on 11.1 were affected.

The app wont open,the picture shown in post 1 is what I get.
How long ago did this happen to you? I also leave the updates off for the same reason.I have a email sent to steve(flyfly)but havnent heard anything yet.

Just a thought...
IPAD air 2 ,

OK, 11.2 is good to go. You may need to delete and reinstall the Go app on the iPhone, or possibly you may have to restore it. Once I moved my iPhone 7+ to 11.2 from 11.1 is worked again.
are you on 11.2 or 11.2.2
Still without the jailbreak??

Just updated to 11.2.2 ,can now get on go4.ThumbswayupWill test flight this morning

Just updated to 11.2.2 ,can now get on go4.ThumbswayupWill test flight this morning
Good to hear. But to answer your other questions, on 11.1 with or without the jailbreak the Go app was disabled. It happened to me a few weeks ago. All is good since I moved to 11.2.

I has the same situation yesterday. App crashed in seconds. I update APP and Ipad mini 4 and everything is good now. Did a test flight after an IMU and control calibration and everything was fine. I'm still in FW .400...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_