DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trip to Canary isles and taking Air 3 plus Nicads

Pacefast

Reactions
I am spending Christmas in Canary isles ( Part of Spain ) and from UK ! My licences same as EASA but not approved since UK left EU . I have Air 3 plus three batteries .
I read for tourists using a drone for leisure no licence required ?
Second any likely problems taking Nicad batteries? The Drone and Bats will be carry on but do the bats need to be in protective cases ?
Any one with experience and advice appreciated .

Peter

I am spending Christmas in Canary isles ( Part of Spain ) and from UK ! My licences same as EASA but not approved since UK left EU . I have Air 3 plus three batteries .
Second any likely problems taking Nicad batteries? The Drone and Bats will be carry on but do the bats need to be in protective cases ?
Any one with experience and advice appreciated .

Peter
As far as I am aware you will need an EASA as the U.K. licence will not be recognised, cheers Len

Reactions: js47
I have Air 3 plus three batteries .
Nicads ??
If you mean your drone batteries, they are Lithium batteries.
Nicads are generally a thing of the past and your drone doesn't use any..

No, you don't need any protective cases, LiPo bags ar anything like that and the charge level doesn't matter.
What's important is that the batteries must not be in checked luggage and have to be in your carry-on.

Your airline will have a dangerous goods section on their website.
Search there for batteries to see what they say.

Sorry I had someone talking while writing dont know why I wrote Nicads 😎

Reactions: Meta4
You should probably Google drone licence in the Canaries. I did it ahead of our trip to Cyprus and found I had to get a special ID Number to fly in Paphos. Have fun

Please also have a look at ENAIRE Drones
this is the official map showing all no fly zones for Spain - and of course for the Canary Islands as well. I spent one week on Gran Canaria last autumn and after checking the prohibited areas before going there, I decided to leave ny little bird at home. Almost the complete island was defined as national park or another NFZ, so pretty much no chance to fly legally.

At the end even without having some aerial pictures or videos in the bag it was a great trip ;-)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas