DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TriplTek Tablet, Finally a Solution

Thanks much for the help.

After following this post and your comments I decided to bite the bullet. Last Saturday I place an order with Amazon.com.au for the pro model. one o’clock this morning I get an email that my order has been cancelled and money refunded in due course, no reason. Shot off an email to Amazon and Tripltek, still waiting for a response from Amazon. The email from tripltek was back in 15 minutes, lovely lady said sorry to hear of your problem but we do ship to Oz. Another 15 minutes later I had paid another grand A and another order placed. Hopefully it is now winging its way too me via DHL. My reason for the purchase is that I’m tired of hiding in the car flying the drone cause of the glare on my tablet, I have a CS 7inch but I can’t use drone deploy on it and Pix4Dcapture needs to be logged in to operate. I’m 380 klm from a service. I hope it’s every thing you said it was and looking forward to my delivery.
Regards.

Reactions: MA2 317
That is strange
I ordered mine direct from tripltek and had no issue with fast delivery to Queensland.

Reactions: Gagey52
That is strange
I ordered mine direct from tripltek and had no issue with fast delivery to Queensland.
Tablet arrived on Friday, 10 days from the US to the NT is spectacular to say the least. Just loading up my programs now will fly with it tomorrow.
Regards

I have noticed that all the metal on the tablet interferes with an accurate compass

I have been using mine for 6 months now and have never had a compass issue, as the case is made of nonferrous titanium and aluminum I can't see how you would get magnetic interference from the tablet itself.

Since purchasing my Mavic Air 2 I’ve looked for a better display to use when flying the drone. My iPhone 11 Pro worked OK but lacked real estate. I thought I had found a solution when I mounted my iPad Pro 11” (2018) on the controller. Unfortunately glare and the relatively dim (650 nits) display were less than effective. I invested in a Hoodman Sunshade (see first photo) but, even with the shade the display, when in full sunlight, was less than satisfactory. (Anyone looking for a new Hoodman Sunshade for an 11” iPad Pro?). Then I saw a post on the Tripltek Tablet. I purchased the 6GB “Standard Version” through Amazon (I could return it if I didn’t like it with Amazon). The Tablet arrived and I was impressed! It is housed in an impressive Military Grade case (the cases is 0.87” thick). The screen is bright, and I mean BRIGHT so no sunshade is required in full sunlight. Then I noticed the Tablet was running Android 9.0 not 8.1 per the spec sheet. I asked the company if there had been an upgrade and they said no, I had received the Pro model, thank you Amazon! I installed CPU-Z App and sure enough I have 9 Gigs of Ram and I’m running the faster processor. I loaded Android versions of DJI Fly, DJI GO4, B4UFLY, UAV Forecast, RMUS, Kittyhawk, Advisory, and Aviation Weather... They all run on the Tablet. The only “negative’ for me, running Android 9, it lacks a native screen recording capability, so I added AZ Screen Recorder App. I mounted the Tablet to the RC via a LifThor Baldur Mount. The mount positions the Tablet above the RC where it balances very well when flying (I also use a Liifthor neck strap with the mount). While flying and when doing numerous “ground tests“ with the System I have experienced zero issues or anomalies with the Tablet! The Tablet works well with the controller! Flying with this setup is nice... You have a screen you can see and read in full sunlight. The touch screen is responsive and the Tablet anti glare shield works well. I will say though, it does experience finger smudges, more so than the MYGOFLIGHT screen protector on the iPad! (BTW, the MYGOFLIGHT screen protector is hands down the BEST I’ve found for anti glare/smudge on your iPad or Tablet!). After using the Tripltek for 20+ flights and numerous ground tests I’m confident in its performance and frankly, I would highly recommend it for your drone application. One note, I’ve seen the chatter on SIM card compatibility with the Tablet. I can’t comment, I don’t use nor plan to use a SIM card in my Tablet.
I also have the Tripltek tablet but am having trouble with a type C cable staying in it. What cable do you use?

Reactions: Gagey52
I also have the Tripltek tablet but am having trouble with a type C cable staying in it. What cable do you use?
Most problems from the cable not staying in is from the plastic casing around the connection from cheaper cables. They are basically to fat. If you have a dremel tool then just grind it down to fit. I have many generic cables that will fit but have no idea of the brand or where they came from. One cable I use that is rated as one of the better cables is a Anker Powerline USB-C to USB cable.

Reactions: Mavic2zoomAptos
Most problems from the cable not staying in is from the plastic casing around the connection from cheaper cables. They are basically to fat. If you have a dremel tool then just grind it down to fit. I have many generic cables that will fit but have no idea of the brand or where they came from. One cable I use that is rated as one of the better cables is a Anker Powerline USB-C to USB cable.

I have had a number of issues with connection to the Tripltek tablet. Can only assume that it is an issue with the cables. have ordered new cables, will let you know how I get on. Also what part of the connector did you grind, Face or side?

I use the DJI Cable and the adaptor that came with the Tripltek tablet.

As mentioned in posts #59 and 60 of this thread.

I have had a number of issues with connection to the Tripltek tablet. Can only assume that it is an issue with the cables. have ordered new cables, will let you know how I get on. Also what part of the connector did you grind, Face or side?
Just needed to shave the face a tad. 20210627_074115.jpg
20210627_074144.jpg

Yes found it, worked ok, just need 4 more for each drone kit.
Regards

Reactions: MA2 317
This one purchased from Amazon.

Attachments

• A3520DD1-400B-4B41-BBA1-FECB24A518E8.jpeg
    A3520DD1-400B-4B41-BBA1-FECB24A518E8.jpeg
    385 KB · Views: 11
I have had many issues with my Tripltek and DJI Fly app. I tried multiple of the correct cables per Triplteck, factory reset tablet and still the same issues, severe lag and freezing making it unable to fly. I purchased Litchi Beta and now everything works as it should, regardless of what cable I use.

I have had many issues with my Tripltek and DJI Fly app. I tried multiple of the correct cables per Triplteck, factory reset tablet and still the same issues, severe lag and freezing making it unable to fly. I purchased Litchi Beta and now everything works as it should, regardless of what cable I use.
Interesting, which one did you buy? The standard version or the Pro-version?
I have the Pro have had no lag at all with any UAV I use it one.

Since purchasing my Mavic Air 2 I’ve looked for a better display to use when flying the drone. My iPhone 11 Pro worked OK but lacked real estate. I thought I had found a solution when I mounted my iPad Pro 11” (2018) on the controller. Unfortunately glare and the relatively dim (650 nits) display were less than effective. I invested in a Hoodman Sunshade (see first photo) but, even with the shade the display, when in full sunlight, was less than satisfactory. (Anyone looking for a new Hoodman Sunshade for an 11” iPad Pro?). Then I saw a post on the Tripltek Tablet. I purchased the 6GB “Standard Version” through Amazon (I could return it if I didn’t like it with Amazon). The Tablet arrived and I was impressed! It is housed in an impressive Military Grade case (the cases is 0.87” thick). The screen is bright, and I mean BRIGHT so no sunshade is required in full sunlight. Then I noticed the Tablet was running Android 9.0 not 8.1 per the spec sheet. I asked the company if there had been an upgrade and they said no, I had received the Pro model, thank you Amazon! I installed CPU-Z App and sure enough I have 9 Gigs of Ram and I’m running the faster processor. I loaded Android versions of DJI Fly, DJI GO4, B4UFLY, UAV Forecast, RMUS, Kittyhawk, Advisory, and Aviation Weather... They all run on the Tablet. The only “negative’ for me, running Android 9, it lacks a native screen recording capability, so I added AZ Screen Recorder App. I mounted the Tablet to the RC via a LifThor Baldur Mount. The mount positions the Tablet above the RC where it balances very well when flying (I also use a Liifthor neck strap with the mount). While flying and when doing numerous “ground tests“ with the System I have experienced zero issues or anomalies with the Tablet! The Tablet works well with the controller! Flying with this setup is nice... You have a screen you can see and read in full sunlight. The touch screen is responsive and the Tablet anti glare shield works well. I will say though, it does experience finger smudges, more so than the MYGOFLIGHT screen protector on the iPad! (BTW, the MYGOFLIGHT screen protector is hands down the BEST I’ve found for anti glare/smudge on your iPad or Tablet!). After using the Tripltek for 20+ flights and numerous ground tests I’m confident in its performance and frankly, I would highly recommend it for your drone application. One note, I’ve seen the chatter on SIM card compatibility with the Tablet. I can’t comment, I don’t use nor plan to use a SIM card in my Tablet.
I am not sure about the wisdom to install/run the CPU-Z App just to know you got 8 GB RAM - so why add memory footprint to just know what you already know and clutter your experience with numerous loud Advertisements ?

Reactions: Mtnrider

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada