DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

trouble getting off the ground

traderjauld

Reactions
Hey guys,

Hope you all had a great holiday.

Having some issues getting my mavic off the ground. When I start up the drone and controller, they connect just fine, and I can see video on my iPhone 10. Problem is it says there is a firmware update 01.04.0100 - I initiate the update, but it just sits there at 0% - left it for over an hour, and no change. The app will not allow me to take off without the update.

Things I have tried so far:
Deleting and reinstalling the app (multiple tries)
different batteries on the drone
restarting phone

I just got back from a CO trip where I used the drone quite a bit. This is not my first time using it, and I also have a spark. Not sure why its not working. I did have a ton of issues with the drone connecting to the iPhone 10 when I first got it, but seemed to have alleviated that issue only to get this new one. What is wrong with my drone?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_8200.PNG
    IMG_8200.PNG
    261.4 KB · Views: 49
Not sure why it wouldn't let you ignore the update. Many people, myself included, just bypass any message about updating firmware or app and go fly. Maybe try putting the phone into airplane mode (or whatever the iStuff calls it when you turn off the cell, WiFi, bluetooth, etc).

Do the update via DJI Assistant 2 on the PC

Reactions: CornerGuy
logging in seemed to have got it to 1%, but it has stuck again.

Trying another phone now. iphone 6+. Will report back

Move the RC w/phone/tablet away from the Mavic, and closer to your router. The broadcast signals from the Mavic are infamous for killing the update process.

I would never do that update

Many have concluded that a good working DJI product should never be updated.
If you think you have to have some new feature the risk is yours.
Any good computer tech should agree that flashing memory has risks.
Even .0001% still risks...
Not sure of the update # but after a update somewhere in the 01.04.0100 's there is no easy going back, serious concentration should be given to this.

Last edited:
The issue ended up being terrible internet connection. Turned off WIFI and did the update over cellular network - took about 20 min but got through it. I dont understand why you guys dont want to update your drones? New features added, bugs removed, etc. Has there been known issues with this specific update?

I now have another issue. Screenshot attached - I guess Trump is in town for the holidays (Mira Lago very close by). VIP movement, temporary NFZ until Jan 1. Sucks for anyone in the area that just got one for christmas! Thats a big NFZ.

Attachments

• IMG_8202.PNG
    IMG_8202.PNG
    403.3 KB · Views: 25
The issue ended up being terrible internet connection. Turned off WIFI and did the update over cellular network - took about 20 min but got through it. I dont understand why you guys dont want to update your drones? New features added, bugs removed, etc. Has there been known issues with this specific update?

I now have another issue. Screenshot attached - I guess Trump is in town for the holidays (Mira Lago very close by). VIP movement, temporary NFZ until Jan 1. Sucks for anyone in the area that just got one for christmas! Thats a big NFZ.

I dont understand why you guys dont want to update your drones?

It won't take a whole lot more of reading threads until you get why.
The reason for these type of seemingly simple axioms like "if it aint broke dont fix it" is because there are true.
YMMV
good luck

If people didn't update they wouldn't have to worry about NFZ,yeah,I can fly where I want

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wiz4rd