DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trouble importing photos from onboard sd card to iPad

GHPaul

Reactions
New user with a Magic Mini (not Mini2). I’ve taken photos & videos that are recorded on my sd card, then put the card in a reader and connected it to my iPad. iPad settings show the reader, but I can’t import into the iOS photos app on iPhone or iPad. Any suggestions?

Does the sd card go into a black sd card adapter then an apple sd card adapter ? Never used an sd card reader with an iPad but on MacBook the tiny little switch/tab on the black sd card adapter can end up in Lock position to protect the data on the card so you can’t do anything with the pics

Hi GHPaul. I‘ve attached a screenshot and circled the icon that should appear in the photos menu once you’ve plugged the SD card adaptor into your iPad or phone. If you tap on it then you should see them on the iPad, where they can be selected for download.
Hope this helps.
Denis

Attachments

• C8BF1016-ADAA-4885-B4D0-17A673FB56FB.jpeg
    C8BF1016-ADAA-4885-B4D0-17A673FB56FB.jpeg
    201.1 KB · Views: 10
Does the sd card go into a black sd card adapter then an apple sd card adapter ? Never used an sd card reader with an iPad but on MacBook the tiny little switch/tab on the black sd card adapter can end up in Lock position to protect the data on the card so you can’t do anything with the pics
Don’t think that’s the problem since it worked on MacBook—but thanks so much!

Hi GHPaul. I‘ve attached a screenshot and circled the icon that should appear in the photos menu once you’ve plugged the SD card adaptor into your iPad or phone. If you tap on it then you should see them on the iPad, where they can be selected for download.
Hope this helps.
Denis
Sorry to take so long to reply, Denis. Really appreciate the screenshot. Still don’t see the icon you’ve circled. Got a message (for the first time) on my iPad Pro 2nd generation(?) saying this device won’t accept…. Have tried my newer iPhone and still no icon. Maybe the card reader that came with my Sandisk micro Cards doesn’t like my Apple camera adapter into which I’ve plugged it. Or something. Thanks again for your help!

Don’t think that’s the problem since it worked on MacBook—but thanks so much!
Thanks, Komatsu. Looked again at blacked adapter that came with the micro sd cards; no switch similar to what you describe. Maybe the reader/adapter doesn’t like my Apple camera adapter into which I’ve plugged it. Appreciate your suggestion, though. Thanks!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djiuserjohn