DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trouble staying connected to my phone

eggor1

Reactions
I am new to this so give me some slack.
When I start flying every thing seems to work and then I get a disconnected error. I can still fly but my camera does not work on my phone. Then all of sudden none of my controls work. Does not matter what I do it will just hover. Then after a period of time they will work. I got a message once saying the sticks were stuck.
Being new to this it is very frustrating. I have no clue and nothing is mentioned in any of the u-tubes I watch. Any help would be great.

Apple watches and magnetic bracelets have been known to cause RC errors. Magnectic smart covers on ipads will do it too.
Try to hard restart your phone before you fly, then put it in airplane mode (no data, no cellular, no wifi power)
Then make sure your device cable is of good quality, and use it in the bottom full size USB jack. Take the cord completely out of the side jack.
Try this and let us know!

Reactions: Mossiback
First try ac0j's suggestions.

What are you flying? What make/model is your phone? RC, AC firmware and Go 4 software versions? If "none of my controls work" I would suspect you need to update or downgrade your RC and AC firmware.

I am new to this so give me some slack.
When I start flying every thing seems to work and then I get a disconnected error. I can still fly but my camera does not work on my phone. Then all of sudden none of my controls work. Does not matter what I do it will just hover. Then after a period of time they will work. I got a message once saying the sticks were stuck.
Being new to this it is very frustrating. I have no clue and nothing is mentioned in any of the u-tubes I watch. Any help would be great.

Eggor1

It would be VERY helpful to know what quad you are using, what FW you are running and what phone system you are using, Android or iOS
You can't expect to get an answer by not providing any pertinent information

Reactions: locoman
Thanks for the input. Below is the info requested.
I am using the cable supplied with the drone.
No magnetic jewelry or smart watches.
Updated FW again this morning. Same issues.

I am flying a Mavic Pro,
Using a Droid Turbo 2 Android Ver. 7.0
FW--Mavic Pro 01.04.0300

Thanks for the input. Below is the info requested.
I am using the cable supplied with the drone.
No magnetic jewelry or smart watches.
Updated FW again this morning. Same issues.

I am flying a Mavic Pro,
Using a Droid Turbo 2 Android Ver. 7.0
FW--Mavic Pro 01.04.0300
check your cable I had the same problems and it was the cable, worth buying a dji one.

I had some cable trouble so I bought one ( Anker ) was the brand . They claim it can be bent a 1000 times before failing . It has worked flawless for me

...Then all of sudden none of my controls work. Does not matter what I do it will just hover. Then after a period of time they will work. I got a message once saying the sticks were stuck...
I think the title of this thread is a bit misleading, as it only mentions the phone connection and not an unresponsive RC. In re-reading the OP, it sounds more like a problem with the RC or the communication between the RC and MP. A bad cable will not make the RC controls stop working.

See if you can update the firmware on the RC, MP, and batteries and perform all the calibrations. If that doesn't fix it I would contact DJI. It sounds like you are just starting out so there should be no warranty issues if something is defective; it will just delay your fun for a while.

The RC communicates with the phone, if there is a lockup between the two, it is possible that the RC cannot proceed normally due to the processor being tied up. Like I and others have said, try a GOOD quality cable, and ditch the DJI side mount cable.

The RC communicates with the phone, if there is a lockup between the two, it is possible that the RC cannot proceed normally due to the processor being tied up...
I stand corrected. I always thought that the RC/AC connection was independent of whatever was plugged into the RC, but since it is not just one-way communication I could see the RC getting confused by a downstream corruption. Thanks for the tip!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S