DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trust Exam

Pilot Institute. It's free and easy to pass. The site has other helpful videos for free as well as course you may find applicable.

My answer was biased to be completely honest ;)

There is a list of different 'providers' you can use, if you did so wish (link below has a list of places to take the TRUST test with):

But - Pilot Institute, from what I hear, is above and beyond "excellent" (they do have paid courses available too) ;)

Pilot Institute. It's free and easy to pass. The site has other helpful videos for free as well as course you may find applicable.
I agree. Pilot institute was fast and free. They even have a place for you to buy a trust card instead of having to lug around the email print out.

Reactions: JoeyThePilot56
I agree. Pilot institute was fast and free. They even have a place for you to buy a trust card instead of having to lug around the email print out.

They offer that :O ???

I took my "digital" PDF to a print place (used to go to FedEX/Kinkos, but now I ended up using OfficeMax I think it was)... Ask(ed) them to print a copy in full color. Then trim it up, then ask them to laminate it! I ended up asking for and purchasing TWO (2) copies. So I could keep one in my wallet and one in my drone bag!

I think the 2x copies, full color, and laminated - was only like $5...

They offer that :O ???

I took my "digital" PDF to a print place (used to go to FedEX/Kinkos, but now I ended up using OfficeMax I think it was)... Ask(ed) them to print a copy in full color. Then trim it up, then ask them to laminate it! I ended up asking for and purchasing TWO (2) copies. So I could keep one in my wallet and one in my drone bag!

I think the 2x copies, full color, and laminated - was only like $5...
the cards I got were like credit cards, made of plastic. I'll attach a photo when I get home. I ordered 4. One for my wallet, and one each from my Mini 2, MA2 and Air2s. I believe I got those from a different vender. I also have my FAA drone registration cards. Same credit card size plastic. Really nice with the FAA logo and my information.

Reactions: Sparc343
We don't offer printed TRUST cards
*unlike at least one other TRUST TA (which will remain nameless) who partnered with a member here to sell TRUST cards, which the member here completely denies, even though there is written and empirical evidence of their chicanery.
because we are not allowed to per the FAA Test Administrator rules. We do however offer free registration labels: Free FAA Drone Registration Stickers - Pilot Institute

I did get a large certificate in a PDF file from one test site and another site had a file I downloaded that had a wallet sized print which I cut out after printing & laminated myself. I also helped a few in our flying club who had issues going on line to pass the test. When I helped the members, I took a screen shot and emailed it to them. I also had them take a cell phone picture of the computer screen as a backup.

There were no charges from any of the sites I did the trust test or when I helped the members pass their test.

*unlike at least one other TRUST TA (which will remain nameless) who partnered with a member here to sell TRUST cards, which the member here completely denies, even though there is written and empirical evidence of their chicanery.
Pilot Institute is the source and a reputable above boards training organization. That should be anyone's source for the TRUST and other courses both paid and free. NO fees for the TRUST either. In the old days the FAA did not like airmen (sorry not a PC term) even laminating their cardboard Pilot Certificate....trust me this was way before sUas certs and before the "credit card" style plastic airmen certs. Not sure a "plastic" after market TRUST is even approved. Either print on heavier card stock or laminate the TRUST.

Reactions: AVLJMA and BigAl07
.....In the old days the FAA did not like airmen (sorry not a PC term) even laminating their cardboard Pilot Certificate....trust me this was way before sUas certs and before the "credit card" style plastic airmen certs. Not sure a "plastic" after market TRUST is even approved. Either print on heavier card stock or laminate the TRUST.

Now you're def talking Old School! I always thought that was silly to issue such a flimsy paperstock card and then deem it "invalid" if you laminated it to preserve it. Made ZERO sense what so ever.

Side Note - My wife had my original PPL recreated as a Brass on Wood plaque and it's still hanging here in my office many years later.

Reactions: AVLJMA
I recall a post on this forum sometime ago that the police stopped and talked to him. He showed him his paper print out if his TRUST cert. They were not impressed.
I say if all the information is correct from the TRUST exam, who cares if it is on a card.

And I agree, Pilot Institute is great. I like their almost daily video show.

Now you're def talking Old School! I always thought that was silly to issue such a flimsy paperstock card and then deem it "invalid" if you laminated it to preserve it. Made ZERO sense what so ever.

Side Note - My wife had my original PPL recreated as a Brass on Wood plaque and it's still hanging here in my office many years later.
The brass on wood is tough to carry in your wallet or flight bag!!!! That was a big deal for pilots when they went plastic not paper. Ok, off topic making a heading change back on course.

• Love
Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom