DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trying new RC N2 and flight controls do not work (Resolved - Reinstalled DJI Fly)

Desert Drone Works

Fancy Title Here
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
www.desertdroneworks.com
Good evening all. I purchased an RC N2 as a backup (in case my RC 2 takes a fall) from a fellow forum member. I bound the new RC N2 to my Air 3 and can even operate the gimble via camera view, make configuration changes, etc... however, I cannot get it to take off. I tried with both joysticks in and down as one would as well as the take off button via my iPad Mini 6. No joy on either. Any suggestions? I have tried pairing a few times but am stumped. I don't believe it's a controller issue since even the DJI Fly App controls won't allow me to take off. Thanks in advance for any thoughts/ideas.

EDIT: Forgot to add that I do not have any errors showing in the app. Also, I repaired to the RC 2 and everything works again as expected. A real mind bender here.

Before you connect to the drone, did you select Air 3 in start up screen so that the RC can change its FW to work with Air 3? Power off drone and keep RC on, go to connection guide in Fly App, select Air 3 and RC will install FW for that drone.

Reactions: Desert Drone Works
Before you connect to the drone, did you select Air 3 in start up screen so that the RC can change its FW to work with Air 3? Power off drone and keep RC on, go to connection guide in Fly App, select Air 3 and RC will install FW for that drone.
Thanks for the comment Suren. Yes indeed, it updated to the Air 3 FW prior to pairing. That'd be too easy :D

Thanks for the comment Suren. Yes indeed, it updated to the Air 3 FW prior to pairing. That'd be too easy :D
Im stumped then. Other than repairing which you have already done, it should work. When you pair it, does it accept the connection?

Im stumped then. Other than repairing which you have already done, it should work. When you pair it, does it accept the connection?
Yes, completely accepts. I can take pictures/video using the DJI Fly App connected to the Air 3 via my iPad mini, move the gimbal, etc. I simply cannot get the Air 3 to take off. It's the strangest thing.

Tried on my iPhone as well just to rule out the iPad mini and got the same behavior. Bummer. Hoping the RC N2 isn't somehow defective out of the box.
Then I'm stumped completely. Sorry I could not help mate

Calibrate the controller and check the joystick mode.
Might be a clue? With aircraft powered off and in the DJI Fly App camera view... RC Calibration is shown but I cannot click into it.

Ok... so i went the nuclear route and logged out of the DJI fly app, deleted the app, reinstalled, and re-paired and its now fine? Problem solved I suppose. Probably some old cache in the app causing an issue. Very strange... thank you all.

Reactions: Dbez1 and Suren
I had some sort of a problem quite a while back (I don’t remember specifics), and after calling DJI, the first thing they recommended was to delete and reinstall the app. We should file this in our gray matter as an early “go to”.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne