DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Changing Remote Controllers - RC-N2 Doesn't works anymore...

Rmcolon

Reactions
I was using my Mini 4 Pro RC2 controller with my Air 3. Not in the best budget to get another RC2. After the last firmware I tried to use again the RC-N2 controller with my Air 3 (I got enough changing from Mini 4 to Air 3 and viceversa) and after running the upgrade in all my batteries, today I tried to fly my Air 3 with the RC-N2 controller. I got a Vision Sensors unavailable and even with the "Takeoff permitted" message, the drone doesn't take off. The camera works, the gimbal, but can't make it take off. I didn't find any setting in the Safety and Control menu to deal with the Vision Sensors. Any ideas?

Screenshot_DJIFly.jpeg

I was using my Mini 4 Pro RC2 controller with my Air 3. Not in the best budget to get another RC2. After the last firmware I tried to use again the RC-N2 controller with my Air 3 (I got enough changing from Mini 4 to Air 3 and viceversa) and after running the upgrade in all my batteries, today I tried to fly my Air 3 with the RC-N2 controller. I got a Vision Sensors unavailable and even with the "Takeoff permitted" message, the drone doesn't take off. The camera works, the gimbal, but can't make it take off. I didn't find any setting in the Safety and Control menu to deal with the Vision Sensors. Any ideas?

View attachment 171313

View attachment 171313
I just experienced the same disappointment. Checked all the settings, etc. I like using a tablet instead of the RC -2 due to the limited brightness which only works the stock RC N-2. Guess I'll go back to the RC -2 and see what happens.

I just experienced the same disappointment. Checked all the settings, etc. I like using a tablet instead of the RC -2 due to the limited brightness which only works the stock RC N-2. Guess I'll go back to the RC -2 and see what happens.

Thanks for your comment. Today, I tried again, clean the cache and same info in the RC-N2 and the Drone. At least the motors startup. As soon as the Air 3 was airborne, the error message disappear and the icon turned white. Looks like this setting is related to the new Vision Sensor screen from the last firmware and only works when the drone is flying. Still wondering why the motors didn't start before and that absent of information scares me. Is not a nice picture to see a $1k drone falling down...

View attachment 171313
I just had something similar with my Mini 4 Pro. Got it for Christmas and fully charged the battery but the battery must have run down some while I was setting it up. Turned on the RC-N2 controller and got it hooked to the WIFi and Internet. It automatically upgraded the firmware in itself but while upgrading the firmware in the Mini 4 the battery in the Mini died. After that the battery wouldn't charge and whenever I turned on the controller to try and finish the update it simply said no battery charge. I plugged the Mini into my Mac and using DJI Assistant I was able to update the firmware. After that I was able to charge the battery and everything seemed set. When I first tried to fly it I got the same results you describe. Everything indicated I was ready to fly except I didn't have any sensors and the motors wouldn't start. Nothing I did would make it go. I finally decided to connect the controller to my Mac and do the controller update again that way. After I did that everything was OK. The Mini has sensors, the motors start and all of the operations seem to work. In my case I think the firmware in the Controller & the Drone got mismatched. If so, possibly that's what is going on with yours as well.

I just had something similar with my Mini 4 Pro. Got it for Christmas and fully charged the battery but the battery must have run down some while I was setting it up. Turned on the RC-N2 controller and got it hooked to the WIFi and Internet. It automatically upgraded the firmware in itself but while upgrading the firmware in the Mini 4 the battery in the Mini died. After that the battery wouldn't charge and whenever I turned on the controller to try and finish the update it simply said no battery charge. I plugged the Mini into my Mac and using DJI Assistant I was able to update the firmware. After that I was able to charge the battery and everything seemed set. When I first tried to fly it I got the same results you describe. Everything indicated I was ready to fly except I didn't have any sensors and the motors wouldn't start. Nothing I did would make it go. I finally decided to connect the controller to my Mac and do the controller update again that way. After I did that everything was OK. The Mini has sensors, the motors start and all of the operations seem to work. In my case I think the firmware in the Controller & the Drone got mismatched. If so, possibly that's what is going on with yours as well.

Thanks for your comment. Yes, at the end, it was a firmware mismatch. Now I only use the RC-2 with the Mini 4.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N