DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Turning off obstacle avoiding in tripod mode???

afarkas

Reactions
Isnt there any 2orkaround to turn off obstacle sensing in tripod mode?
Tripod mode is the perfect tool to shoot spectacular cinematic fottage by pass8ng in narrow spaces or flying by objects very near and slow, but the obstacle sensing just ruins my shots... It stops the device, makes it shaking...
Any hack to turn it off?
Thanks

Yeah, the gimbal can be replicated... But the movement speeds not.
If i turn it to sport mode to swich off the sensors, then the joystics will be super sensitive and the speeds will be insane [emoji16]
Replicate tripod mode settings.
Search 'best mavic gimbal settings' on YouTube got a tutorial.

Essentially, you're replicating tripod mode threshold levels.

this is how I turn off the obstacle sensors while in tripod mode and I'm flying it indoors to bring batteries down to storage voltage.
my living room is roughly 35x32x13. I have a good area

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190210-171138.jpg
    Screenshot_20190210-171138.jpg
    864.8 KB · Views: 318
Reactions: Sniperfritz
What you mean by bringing down to storage voltage?
Batteries should not be stored fully charged?
this is how I turn off the obstacle sensors while in tripod mode and I'm flying it indoors to bring batteries down to storage voltage.
my living room is roughly 35x32x13. I have a good area

What you mean by bringing down to storage voltage?
Batteries should not be stored fully charged?

No lipo batteries should be stored at about 3.80 volts per cell. Roughly 50-60% capacity. But you need not worry about your flight batteries. DJI built them so that after ten days non- use they will discharge themselves to storage voltage. You can set them to do that in 3 or 5 days if you want.

The controller does not automatically discharge its battery so you might want to turn it on and leave it on until the battery is discharged to 60%. BUT make sure you monitor it so it doesn’t over discharge and ruin the battery. Ditto for DJI goggles if you have them

I have my c2 button on the bottom of the controller set to toggle sensors on and off. I use that all the time, in tripod or positioning mode. I recently did a load of filming inside a Norman church, with candelabras, massive stone columns and intricate roof beams all over the place, basically everything was seen as an obstacle, so it became impossible to fly with the sensors turned on. The smoothness of tripod was essential, given the short distances and limited space but the sensors had to be off completely to do anything. Works perfectly and no hacking of any sort either!

I am new but since have my Mavic Pro did not try to fly indoors. My outdoor flying is great in South Africa in the bushveld of Lephalale .i injoy flying out here .

I have my c2 button on the bottom of the controller set to toggle sensors on and off. I use that all the time, in tripod or positioning mode. I recently did a load of filming inside a Norman church, with candelabras, massive stone columns and intricate roof beams all over the place, basically everything was seen as an obstacle, so it became impossible to fly with the sensors turned on. The smoothness of tripod was essential, given the short distances and limited space but the sensors had to be off completely to do anything. Works perfectly and no hacking of any sort either!

Reactions: afarkas
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98