DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Tweed Valley

The area you filmed in is very beautiful. So, here are a few thoughts on your flying if you don't mind. Your closing shot should have been your opening shot. The video was way too long. Cut out all abrupt movements and edit together just the best parts like the bridges, the sheep grazing on the hill. the castle, the river and the view beyond. It looks like you were shooting on the "Auto" setting. DON'T. Set the camera to manual, go up and adjust the ISO and f-stop if you can and the shutter for the daylight or the shadows if you're just shooting something in shadow. Then, color grade the video in editing...make the colors pop! Think "story"...tell a story with your video. Start with an opening title that will help set the scene. Shoot wide shots and close-up shots. You could have flown a dozen feet or so above the river and slowly cruised toward the old RR bridge. That would have been a dramatic shot. Don't be afraid to shoot straight down on something interesting. Show us the sheep grazing, etc. Keep at it and before long your videos will be fantastic! Good luck.

Reactions: russpury
The area you filmed in is very beautiful. So, here are a few thoughts on your flying if you don't mind. Your closing shot should have been your opening shot. The video was way too long. Cut out all abrupt movements and edit together just the best parts like the bridges, the sheep grazing on the hill. the castle, the river and the view beyond. It looks like you were shooting on the "Auto" setting. DON'T. Set the camera to manual, go up and adjust the ISO and f-stop if you can and the shutter for the daylight or the shadows if you're just shooting something in shadow. Then, color grade the video in editing...make the colors pop! Think "story"...tell a story with your video. Start with an opening title that will help set the scene. Shoot wide shots and close-up shots. You could have flown a dozen feet or so above the river and slowly cruised toward the old RR bridge. That would have been a dramatic shot. Don't be afraid to shoot straight down on something interesting. Show us the sheep grazing, etc. Keep at it and before long your videos will be fantastic! Good luck.

Thanks for your constructive criticism and advice. Although I have been flying the Mini 1 for just over a year it is my first drone and until quite recently I have concentrated on taking still shots rather than videos. I was already aware of several of the points you raised such as length of the clip, abrupt movement (some of which was due to loss of connection) and shooting several short clips rather than one long video. I have not purchased any editing software for video as yet so my editing is fairly basic. I do have several other clips on Youtube as well as a large portfolio of stills on Flickr. I am very new to filming and have lots to learn so thanks again for your kind comments.

Reactions: russpury
Thanks for your constructive criticism and advice. Although I have been flying the Mini 1 for just over a year it is my first drone and until quite recently I have concentrated on taking still shots rather than videos. I was already aware of several of the points you raised such as length of the clip, abrupt movement (some of which was due to loss of connection) and shooting several short clips rather than one long video. I have not purchased any editing software for video as yet so my editing is fairly basic. I do have several other clips on Youtube as well as a large portfolio of stills on Flickr. I am very new to filming and have lots to learn so thanks again for your kind comments.
I recommend "Camtasia" for editing. The basic version is free! you pay for additional features as you need them.

The area you filmed in is very beautiful. So, here are a few thoughts on your flying if you don't mind. . Keep at it and before long your videos will be fantastic! Good luck.
Well said, I agree

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh