DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Two in a row

LivinLarge

Reactions
I have received two defective replacements, both with the same issue, gimbal overload. My original Mavic did not have this problem. (It was returned for connection issues.)
The first replacement appeared to be a new one. The second was clearly a refurb. Obviously, they did not test either of them before shipping. Neither was bound to the transmitter and both exhibited the overload problem as soon as they were powered up.Of course, I tried recalibrating and even updated firmware at their insistence, then they suggested downgrading the firmware. That's when I had to bite my tongue to keep from saying what was on my mind.
It has been over a month since the original problem and I am still waiting for a working replacement for a product that was in warranty. In the meantime they have offered to sell me DJI care and sent me two surveys asking about satisfaction with their service. Thanks DJI.

Reactions: Odom1957 and Youser
I'm also going on my third unit. The gimbal control board stopped working in my first one under 10 hours of flight time without warning. Had to replace it with my own money because DJI didn't back up their product and they sent me a refurbished unit. This time under two hours of flight time, my gimbal decides it wants to reset mid-flight. Thankfully this one is still under warranty and I'm hoping I don't have to pay for anything.

If you decide to give them your thoughts you will get absolutely nothing in return. They don't seem to care much about keeping their customers happy. I have raised plenty of hell and it's like talking to a Chinese wall. All I hear is "sorry". Sorry about our luck!

I miss my Phantom 3 Standard, I never had one issue and I'm still convinced that the camera was slightly better. Now, it's non-stop BS with the Mavic Pro. It's been nothing but a hassle and is turning out to be a huge regret for me and I have invested more money than I wanted to due to their faulty electronic flying plastic.

Oh yeah, wait until you get the survey asking about how much money you earn annually. Stay classy DJI.

Good luck fellow pilot.

Well, the third replacement arrived today. As before, it was not bound to the transmitter, so probably not tested. I was pleased to see that it booted up without slamming the gimbal against the stops and reporting an overload as the other two did.
Charging batteries for a test flight, fingers crossed.

Well, the third replacement arrived today. As before, it was not bound to the transmitter, so probably not tested. I was pleased to see that it booted up without slamming the gimbal against the stops and reporting an overload as the other two did.
Charging batteries for a test flight, fingers crossed.
Hope it works out for you. Sounds like you got really unlucky :(.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll