DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Two quick Litchi Questions

Hello, I also use LITCHI and I am fully satisfied. Preparation of the waypoints and the POI as well as a virtual flight on the PC is possible. I used GOOGLE EARTH .

Yep I use Litchi as well and love it. I can pre plan my flights on Google Earth as well. As far as optimal POI altitude, that really goes back to what you are looking to accomplish with the flight. What you want to see in your finished product. I would assume you aren't just planning missions virtually and then sending your bird away to a location that you have not been to physically. When you go to do your on site pre plan you should be able to get an idea of the camera angle and height you want to fly to get the shot you are looking for.

Reactions: go-ahead-doubledown
Criteria for best POI shot will always be flying to the Point of Interest and framing the point of interest as one chooses to line up the shot.
Then pressing the C1 button on the bottom of the remote controller. This sets a waypoint in exactly that location with the camera pointed exactly as one chooses. Then flying out towards the point of interest and pressing the C2 button on the bottom of the remote controller to set a Point of Interest.

Then when the waypoint mission is flow one will know that Lichti will capture that exact location and angle.

This takes more time and effort as well as battery consumption. So one can choose to preplan the mission using very close guesstimates.

By using the Online Lichti Mission Hub http://flylichti.com
one can create waypoint missions with a view of the online map and topology of the area. Then by exporting that mission that has been created to a .kml or .csv file it can be flow in a google earth virtual environment to determine things like viewpoint of the Mavic , obstacles that may not have been previously planned for - i.e. tree's , buildings , mountains ,etc

Changes can then be made back in the Mission planner to tweak the mission.

Thank you so must for the informative replies. Quite a learning curve for this old man. I see that the default poi altitude is 3 feet. Am I correct to assume that the higher the poi (Silo, crane, etc) would necessitate a higher poi altitude setting?

Not necessarily. The idea is to have the camera of the Mavic pointing to the object (POI) that you want to have in view and in focus.
In your example lets say the crane is 120 foot tall. If you have the Mavic fly to 260 feet above ground level then you may want your Point of interest to be low so that when flying around it the camera points downwards towards the crane.

I suggest signing up for the FREE Phantom Flight School which will explain all the basics and more concerning how to setup Lichti Missions

It can be found here and is very informative.
Sample course of Phantom/Mavic Filmschool 1: Learn the basics of Litchi

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure