DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Typhoon H480 Battery Charger to charge Mini 3 Pro batteries question

FlushVision

Reactions
I have a H480 and was wondering if I could use the charging outlet from it that charges the ST16 controller to charge my Mini 3 Pro batteries. I've looked at the manual for this charger but it doesn't specify the output to the USB C and I know that the maximum charge rate of the Mini 3 Pro batteries is 30 W.
Currently I'm using a 'phone charger but it's taking roughly two hours to charge a battery and I want to cut this charging time down. Please help!

I hope I'm making some sense:oops:

i find it strange that there is no input /output info on the charger itself ,you would be better off getting a reputable 30w charger, or as i have as well ,a charger capable of charging up to 4 batteries and the RC at the same time ,there are several on the market FHD0020.JPG

I have a H480 and was wondering if I could use the charging outlet from it that charges the ST16 controller to charge my Mini 3 Pro batteries. I've looked at the manual for this charger but it doesn't specify the output to the USB C and I know that the maximum charge rate of the Mini 3 Pro batteries is 30 W.
Currently I'm using a 'phone charger but it's taking roughly two hours to charge a battery and I want to cut this charging time down. Please help!

I hope I'm making some sense:oops:
I answered this in the YP forum. I am assuming you are referring to the OEM charger for the H480. That is a USB-A port at 5V 2A this 10W.

USB-C chargers can also output 9V and I suspect that is the case for charging your Mini 3 Pro battery packs.

The Mini 3 Pro battery pack is a 2S pack so fully charged is likely to be 8.7 to 8.8 V.
I believe they use LiHV cells that are at 4.35 to 4.40V at full charge.

I answered this in the YP forum. I am assuming you are referring to the OEM charger for the H480. That is a USB-A port at 5V 2A this 10W.

USB-C chargers can also output 9V and I suspect that is the case for charging your Mini 3 Pro battery packs.

The Mini 3 Pro battery pack is a 2S pack so fully charged is likely to be 8.7 to 8.8 V.
I believe they use LiHV cells that are at 4.35 to 4.40V at full charge.
Thanks Doom. I replied to your answer in the YP forum.

I think I'm gonna have to shell out for the 30W charger I suppose.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121