DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

uʍop ǝpᴉs dn [Abstract Edit]

RTKD

Reactions
The beginning of this is Mavic Pro, transitions to FPV. I was trying to see if I could make something unsettling from happy sunlit footage, something totally different. Curious what people think

Unbelivable. I loved the use of black and white instead of the color we always see. The inverted parts were lovely, and really effective such that I KEPT forgetting what I was seeing, and kept thinking that this was just another shot of a reflection over a lake. Also some truly impressive piloting. Well done! Are you actually saying that you flew those FPV sequences with a Mavic (of any sort)??!! II was lucky enough to get clearance from the Tower (read: "wife") for one M2P--if I had to present her with the remnants of that one and ask for another I'd be sleeping in the garage again....

The only criticism I would offer is that some of the sequences seemed a little over-long thus rendering some impressive flying and filming work repetitive, but nonetheless--really nice job!! Thanks for some great ideas

Reactions: deltamike and RTKD
Are you actually saying that you flew those FPV sequences with a Mavic
The beginning is the mavic pro, and the stuff through the woods is a custom FPV rig I built. I see water too! That's what intrigued me at first. I agree that it gets same-y and...

Wow, I just had an epiphany! I know where I can get some footage to keep this interesting.
It's back to DaVinci, I'm doing another cut.

Thanks for watching and replying!

Yes, very interesting.

Really liked the opening scenes with the M1P, and vintage effects, could have been a scene from a living dead movie.
Didn't particularly appeal when the road / buildings appeared at ~ 2:00 though, kinda took away the feel of the video a bit, but still great flying.

Upside down vision was a bit like the Avatar movie in places.

Good work.

Reactions: RTKD
The beginning of this is Mavic Pro, transitions to FPV. I was trying to see if I could make something unsettling from happy sunlit footage, something totally different. Curious what people think
Looks to me like an intro to an Alfred Hitchcock film. Spooky graveyard at night with snow on the tombstones, then a gnarled, dead tree comes in front the top. What the heck is going on? Weird!

Some fancy flying there. Well done. That was an intriguing abstract clip. Thanks.

Oh, and to Thomas B - stoppit. I now have a headache thanks to you after having to stand on my head

?

Reactions: RTKD and Thomas B
I approached some friends that have a band, they've got a really deep catalogue and a song for just about everything. I switched the song out for one of theirs, and... well I kept the color grade and the hook but it's a lot of new footage. I'm proud of it!

Very nice improvement!! I think it grew a lot once you got rid of the buildings and cars and whatnot. It feels a lot more cohesive, strangely, possibly because of the better music choice. On a (very) personal note, it got a little busy for me at the 2:00 mark with all the different effects, but it still works really well. There is a definite story (even if I am still working to see it), and I am amazed/thrilled at what you did on DaVinci.

Really nice work!

That was extremely impressive. It has the professional quality of a top flight video artist working full time in a Hollywood studio. The music was excellent but the video was amazing with the special effects, the black and white, the scratchy negative effects, mirror images , etc. Bravo for giving us tyros a real treat.

Dale
Miami

That was extremely impressive. It has the professional quality of a top flight video artist working full time in a Hollywood studio. The music was excellent but the video was amazing with the special effects, the black and white, the scratchy negative effects, mirror images , etc. Bravo for giving us tyros a real treat.

Dale
Miami
Thank you very much Dale!. My dream is to be able to work creative projects like this with my drones, I'm trying to build a body of work that proves I can :) I'm not too far away from you either, my wife and I live up in West Palm

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gshu