DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

U.S Air Force bought 57 DJI Mavic 2 drones : }

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
This is why the Media is bad news , and they make everyone fear for there life about Data Security Risks
and in the end just discourage everyone, but the truth is , No body cares and I do mean no body as in the Department of Defense.

I guess they care more about whats on my Iphone . o_O

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavics in the Rain and Float on Water.

Reactions: Modra and Rchawks
Who knows if they have their own firmware. Is like a PC that came with windows and you decide to use Linux. Who knows.

This is why the Media is bad news , and they make everyone fear for there life about Data Security Risks
and in the end just discourage everyone, but the truth is , No body cares and I do mean no body as in the Department of Defense.

Phantomrain.org

I don't really think that the media it self created this. I agree in their zeal to make clickbait they have perhaps amplified it a bit, but these days it's all about clickbait. Not that I consider DroneXL to be a real part of the new media, and they should know better. But as I said we all seem to need the bait.

It's nice to see that the AIr Force is intelligent enough to realize just how untrue all the hype is.

What many fail to realize is how much scrutiny has been focused on DJI drones emissions, and so far nothing found.
Every security researcher and white hat hacker would just love to be the one to discover that somehow DJI was leaking information - it would make their career.

And I would guess the military has spent countless dollars and time analysing ever possible scenario for a data breach.
NOTHING FOUND.

It has nothing to do with trust - there just is nothing to observe.

I have no hesitation to upload my logs to DJI. Not that I particularly trust them, it's just as has been noted my IPhone/Facebook/Google leaks 1000 times more information that my drone flights.

Phantomrain.org

Your National security is going to be taken over 30 mins or until its battery runs out :) I would worry more about our gov's (can @ US ) and what they are planning .

I don't really think that the media it self created this. I agree in their zeal to make clickbait they have perhaps amplified it a bit, but these days it's all about clickbait. Not that I consider DroneXL to be a real part of the new media, and they should know better. But as I said we all seem to need the bait.

It's nice to see that the AIr Force is intelligent enough to realize just how untrue all the hype is.

What many fail to realize is how much scrutiny has been focused on DJI drones emissions, and so far nothing found.
Every security researcher and white hat hacker would just love to be the one to discover that somehow DJI was leaking information - it would make their career.

And I would guess the military has spent countless dollars and time analysing ever possible scenario for a data breach.
NOTHING FOUND.

It has nothing to do with trust - there just is nothing to observe.

I have no hesitation to upload my logs to DJI. Not that I particularly trust them, it's just as has been noted my IPhone/Facebook/Google leaks 1000 times more information that my drone flights.

When they talk about Leaking Information , I was always under the impression it was the Video that was being watched more so than credit card or anything like that ? They never really explain what the Info is on the DJI platform that is being leaked .

Reactions: Romulus Archibald
When they talk about Leaking Information , I was always under the impression it was the Video that was being watched more so than credit card or anything like that ? They never really explain what the Info is on the DJI platform that is being leaked .
Because there is nothing to explain. Nothing has been found in terms of leaks or any other security breech.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
One way to get that free drone you wanted, let the government pay for it ;) then say for use on classified missions (Back Garden, park, on the beach and so many more)

Did you ever wonder why DJI Go 4 needs permission to access your camera, microphone, and contacts in order to fly your drone?

That's a common software question when installing new programs.

Phantomrain.org

Well, our phones transmit more info back to (whomever) than our DJI drones ever do. There have been identified "security risks" but I have yet to see anything that has definitively shown that it actually happened. (sending unauthorized sensitive video or info back to DJI).

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Camera roll makes sense. Microphone and contacts, not so much, I’d decline those permissions.

Well, our phones transmit more info back to (whomever) than our DJI drones ever do. There have been identified "security risks" but I have yet to see anything that has definitively shown that it actually happened. (sending unauthorized sensitive video or info back to DJI).

Except your iPhone isn't sending that data back to China so they can build a dossier on you and all your contacts.

Except your iPhone isn't sending that data back to China so they can build a dossier on you and all your contacts.

I'm confused, you are comparing the Chinese citizens data collection to the collection of US citizens info (and sending that back to China)? If that was the message of this video, I missed it - I totally get they spy whole heartedly on there own. Again, I've seen no evidence they are sending our "sensitive" or otherwise videos back to China.

Phantomrain.org

Media's job is to make money - click bait - write what will get clicks - and the more clicks, the more ad revenue. It's got little to do with facts or different perspectives on facts - unfortunately.

There are many independent studies done by US consultant firms - including those will DoD contracts - that concluded no data leaks occur from DJI drones. The so called hysteria around Chinese tech companies has little (if that) to do with security and data leaks - and more to do with economic warfare.

Just put your thinking hat on and ask yourself, who benefits from spreading rumors about data leaks and pushing for policy against DJI?

Parrot - for example - spread false information about security risk with DJI - to follow up by positioning their "made in USA" drone from parts that "may be of Chinese origin". This is hysterical. The reality is, 90%+ parts are made in China - and the final assembly is completed in USA - but where? (Ghana and US territories count as USA - Lol)...

Mind you, Parrot is a French company. So, it's made in USA from 90%+ chines parts by a company based in France.

Same goes for Skydio - final assembly is done in redwood city - so I'll give them that. But they're also using 90%+ Chinese parts. What differentiates Skydio is their software - which I'd imagine is written States side - and not in India - but I'd be shocked if that's the case for 100% of their code.

Bottom line has to do with money - supporting US based companies like Skydio - and I'm all for that. But, the narrative needs to reflect the reality of the situation instead of using fear tactics which our moderns society has grown so comfortable with.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000