DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UAV Forecast for DJI Quadcoptor and UAV Drone Pilots

the_goodman3

Reactions
App: UAV Forecast for DJI Quad & UAV Drone Pilots

- I dont know if anybody is using this app but I found it very helpful and useful,specially where I live, here in Canada. Its tells me if my current location if I can fly or not. It tells me too current temperature, wind direction, wind, wind gusts etc etc. Try it guys I think it's very useful.

Happy flying!

What do you think??

Reactions: Skyflyer129

- I dont know if anybody is using this app but I found it very helpful and useful,specially where I live, here in Canada. Its tells me if my current location if I can fly or not. It tells me too current temperature, wind direction, wind, wind gusts etc etc. Try it guys I think it's very useful.

Happy flying!

What do you think??
A search for "UAV Forecast"

Reactions: the_goodman3

Happy flying!

What do you think??
UAV forecast and Airdata make a nice combination.

I live in Indiana north of Indianapolis about 55 miles out in the country. I LOVE that program.
It gives me wind speed at different altitudes along with temperature at the same altitudes. I was surprised that at 33 ft. wind from the west at 5 mph gusts to 10. Temp. was 45º Go up to 300 ft. & wind was from the west at 12 mph with gusts to 39 & Temp. was 31º

Reactions: Gindra
I use UAV Forecast and OK to Fly by Airdata. Lately they do not agree on my wind at 250 ft. UAV is way too high and Ok to Fly is on the lower end. I look at both and split the difference. Also take my drone up and check wind speeds in all directions against my drone speed. I will be checking Drone Buddy next.

One of my favorites is Windy for iOS. Unbelievable amount of data, and very well organized. You can select from a ton of layers, and even select the weather model being used, and compare forecasts. Also, they have a website, www.windy.com.
They give it away for free, but do ask for donations. Tons of people have donated, and after you check it out, you'll see why.

One of my favorites is Windy for iOS. Unbelievable amount of data, and very well organized. You can select from a ton of layers, and even select the weather model being used, and compare forecasts. Also, they have a website, www.windy.com.
They give it away for free, but do ask for donations. Tons of people have donated, and after you check it out, you'll see why.
Yes- windy is ridiculously good. Even gives wave height and direction, tides and for the web version (soon to be incorporated in the apps) real time lightning strikes. A lot of info great benefit to photography and other pursuits we don't see in UAV forecast.

Which Windy (IOS) are y’all referring to?

There is more than one app with that name. Go to Windy.com and if you select the menu on the left, you'll see links to the downloads for IOS and Android.
Did in type windy.com wrong?

Good news is that the real time lightning feature is now enables in the iOS app.

Should make it easier to be in the right place for some good photo ops.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlayTech