DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UAV Forecast issues since monetising the service!

twickers14

Reactions
Wouldn’t you know it. Having used the site for as long as I have had a drone, now they have decided to monetise the service, they seem to have forgotten to ensure the process of signing in is trouble free. I used to have my iPhone 11 and iPad Air 5th Gen both carrying the site and now only the iPad works. No amount of fiddling with user names passwords and changing passwords gets the two devices showing a full 24 hours ahead as promised by the promo blurb. Anyone else had the same problem? Hopefully someone from the app developers will reply to my plea for help on their website.

Reactions: GFields
Wouldn’t you know it. Having used the site for as long as I have had a drone, now they have decided to monetise the service, they seem to have forgotten to ensure the process of signing in is trouble free. I used to have my iPhone 11 and iPad Air 5th Gen both carrying the site and now only the iPad works. No amount of fiddling with user names passwords and changing passwords gets the two devices showing a full 24 hours ahead as promised by the promo blurb. Anyone else had the same problem? Hopefully someone from the app developers will reply to my plea for help on their website.
I still have the free version on my iPhone 7 and it's working fine. I'm able to get today's info and tomorrow's. Further would require a subscription.

Reactions: Nanny Ogg
I’m not sure why so many companies try to reinvent the wheel with weather. I run a decent size drone company and have had a dozen missions going across the country at once. I deal in telecom, solar, RF measurements, construction, surveying… I say all this to say my weather priorities can vary wildly.

Wind will always matter, but some days I need to be able to see 20+ miles and others I need to know when panels are at their peak use for measurement. There isn’t a weather related question I have across all my missions and pilots that isn’t in the new Apple Weather app.

Ever since they bought DarkSky and now have minute by minute, hyper localized, weather across every metric that matters. It’s completely free, easy to navigate, and updates itself minute by minute. I highly recommend it as no small “drone weather” effort is going to match the sampling and support from an app like this.

I still have the free version on my iPhone 7 and it's working fine. I'm able to get today's info and tomorrow's. Further would require a subscription.
That weird as mine just went from you’ve got to 3 hours ahead and that was it-£6.99 a year to get it back. By the way if you buy the app through UAV’s website it’s £4.79. Apple load the sub!

I’m not sure why so many companies try to reinvent the wheel with weather. I run a decent size drone company and have had a dozen missions going across the country at once. I deal in telecom, solar, RF measurements, construction, surveying… I say all this to say my weather priorities can vary wildly.

Wind will always matter, but some days I need to be able to see 20+ miles and others I need to know when panels are at their peak use for measurement. There isn’t a weather related question I have across all my missions and pilots that isn’t in the new Apple Weather app.

Ever since they bought DarkSky and now have minute by minute, hyper localized, weather across every metric that matters. It’s completely free, easy to navigate, and updates itself minute by minute. I highly recommend it as no small “drone weather” effort is going to match the sampling and support from an app like this.
I was a great fan of Dark Sky and am now rather lost without it. I have not got great faith in the Apple Weather app as the map seldom works here in the U.K. and this makes me suspicious the whole thing is made up! Will look again at it. Does it have wind at different elevations eg 100ft, 200ft etc as UAV has? UAV is now up and running after some excellent customer service from them last night.

That weird as mine just went from you’ve got to 3 hours ahead and that was it-£6.99 a year to get it back. By the way if you buy the app through UAV’s website it’s £4.79. Apple load the sub!
Sorry that first line is nonsensical. I meant to say it went from 24hrs ahead to 3hrs ahead.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_