DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK Commercial Work - PFCO

IanChap

Reactions
I'm enjoying my M2P for pleasure at the moment, and am considering doing my PFCO so I can undertake commercial work, surveys in particular.

But does that open a can of worms, i.e. do I then have to undertake extra checks, logging, etc when I'm flying for fun? Or are the commercial/private activities totally separate? Basically, are there any downsides to doing a PFCO?

I have PfCO and I treat flights separately. Any commercial activities I go through all the necessary procedures given in the PfCO training.
Hobby flights are for pleasure and whilst I don't formally complete all the procedures for a commercial flight, I remain aware of the training I received and hopefully fly safely as a result.

Reactions: IanChap
I'm enjoying my M2P for pleasure at the moment, and am considering doing my PFCO so I can undertake commercial work, surveys in particular.

But does that open a can of worms, i.e. do I then have to undertake extra checks, logging, etc when I'm flying for fun? Or are the commercial/private activities totally separate? Basically, are there any downsides to doing a PFCO?
Other than the cost (which are ongoing due to renewals and insurance etc), there are no downsides to acquiring PfCO.
In fact it will make you a far better pilot due to an in depth understanding of Air Law, weather systems, risk assessment and site surveys.
The only thing I do when flying for fun, is maintain my logs, since it is a legal requirement to log your flights and have a minimum number of flight hours accumulated within the proceedings two months prior to renewal of your PfCO.

Last edited:
Reactions: IanChap
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User