DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

uk drone insurance

ninja_geezer

Reactions
Can anyone recommend decent drone insurance please inc public liability accidental damage ect.
its for a mavic air 2.

Can anyone recommend decent drone insurance please inc public liability accidental damage ect.
its for a mavic air 2.
Highly recommend Coverdrone mate, think mine was 80 or so for the year and covers loss as well as damage.

Having said that I've never made a claim but trustpilot reviews are top notch!

Highly recommend Coverdrone mate, think mine was 80 or so for the year and covers loss as well as damage.

Having said that I've never made a claim but trustpilot reviews are top notch!
Thanks thats the website i was looking at ,just reading the small print,mavic air 2 covered for £76 for the year .

Reactions: Adgej123
Done, used coverdrone ,spoke them on the phone as well very pleasant and helpful, grand total for Mavic air 2 for one year was £76.20

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Done, used coverdrone ,spoke them on the phone as well very pleasant and helpful, grand total for Mavic air 2 for one year was £76.20
If you loose it and can't recover it will they pay out
I have the dji insurance but as far as I know I have to have the drone to get a replacement
Cheers Mel

YEY, actually got round to getting cover today thanks to this thread.
I went with Coverdrone – in total £2.600 of cover for my drones & associated stuff including loss, damage, theft & £1,000,000 liability for around £150, compared to DJI’s Refresh for around £100 I think it’s a bargain.

I have the dji insurance but as far as I know I have to have the drone to get a replacement
Cheers Mel
Yes i called to double check,inc fly aways ,lost drones, accidental damage the lot ,no brainer. ?

Reactions: Mel 08
YEY, actually got round to getting cover today thanks to this thread.
I went with Coverdrone – in total £2.600 of cover for my drones & associated stuff including loss, damage, theft & £1,000,000 liability for around £150, compared to DJI’s Refresh for around £100 I think it’s a bargain.
great price and a nice calm comforting feeling knowing you are covered.

Cheers Mel
I think the DJI thing is a farce ,so you loose your drone it flys off you cant find it or it goes in a lake no point in having the DJI refresh in those circumstances at all.this is why i rang them to make sure . ;) ?

I think the DJI thing is a farce ,so you loose your drone it flys off you cant find it or it goes in a lake no point in having the DJI refresh in those circumstances at all.this is why i rang them to make sure . ;) ?
Totally agree
I did take out the refresh because everyone was saying do it
You only have 48hrs after activation as well if I remember correctly
You could say ptessured into getting it

Reactions: ninja_geezer
Totally agree
I did take out the refresh because everyone was saying do it
You only have 48hrs after activation as well if I remember correctly
You could say ptessured into getting it
It's really for if you crash it, dump it in shallow water or similar 'mostly ruined it' - and for that, it's 'ok'. They've a bit of a bad press sending out different reconditioned replacements - sometimes with other faults. They are basically taking your drone, repairing it based on what you said was wrong, then putting it in a pile for sending back out.
Apple do a similar thing on applecare if they can't fix your item, but it's rarer, and apple's refurbished replacements are usually faultless, or better than the one you hand in. (e.g. it will have a scratch-free screen)

Reactions: ninja_geezer
Exactly this. I took out Refresh on my MA. Unfortunately lost it in a lake, DJI said it was pilot error, something I disagree with, and now they want to charge me nearly £500 for a replacement.

For commercial flying the premiums rise massively even with cover drone. Who have those amongst you flying commercially gone with? Also, has anyone heard of flycovered?

For commercial flying the premiums rise massively even with cover drone. Who have those amongst you flying commercially gone with? Also, has anyone heard of flycovered?
I recently changed my Cover Drone policy from recreational to commercial and it only went up £16, that 's with 7 months left of this years policy.

Reactions: rennington
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centrespot