DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK Insurance and CAA Drone Safe regs

Meander

Reactions
Just a heads up for pilots regarding UK Drone insurance and NOT having CAA Drone Safe Flyer and Operator ID
I am a first time owner and I was looking for drone Insurance and I noticed in the small print of an insurance company that I had to comply with all flying regulations.
Food for thought ?
Insurance companies love to wiggle out of paying out.

I suppose that's just common sense really? No different from your car insurance - If you take your car off the motorway and race around Silverstone you won't be covered.

Are you looking to insure your drone against loss, or public liability?

I suppose that's just common sense really? No different from your car insurance - If you take your car off the motorway and race around Silverstone you won't be covered.

Are you looking to insure your drone against loss, or public liability?
....... I am looking at both ... I was advised not to try and put it on home insurance as a claim will put up the home insurance policy.

Check BMFA it is what I have as a rc model heli pilot. I use Coverdrone to insure my mini in travelling to different countries. Both insurance covers public liability which is what you need. I included loss/damage and theft on my Coverdrone though.

Reactions: Meander
FPV UK is much cheaper than BMFA,but both give third party cover, you are not allowed to fly a drone over 250g without drone owner reg and flyer id so i doubt if any insurance company would cover you without them

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dond40127