DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK Insurance?

maxb

Reactions
Does anybody know if there's any insurance options for people in the UK? to cover loss of drone of accidental damage? can't seem to find much...
thanks!

You could try ICARUS

They cover hobbyists and commercial - I’ve no personal al experience of the, though.

I think you'll increasingly struggle to find any companies that cover total loss for a flyaway. There are also stories of home contents insurance dipping out on payouts because the drone was airborne at the time and therefore not in the owners possession - there's a lot of small print to read to get it right.

Photoguard will cover the total replacement or repair cost as long as you have recovered the drone - they don't cover loss due to flyaways. MUCH better value than DJI refresh - cost me £27 for cover. Photoguard don't do public liability cover however.

BMFA will provide public liability insurance cover (upto £25million per claim) and personal accident cover for £33 membership fee - it's a bargain and I would say essential cover for every drone owner who plans to fly anywhere other than directly above their own property - have it in place or risk everything! :eek:

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dugsoft