DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK prosecution of drone pilot

Question: How many folk really know what the rules are? This guy might not even know what he was doing was wrong. Let's face it. Everyone can buy a drone from Amazon, Argos etc.. no questions. Next thing they are having the most fun ever. Flying like a bird without a care.
Well true but when you buy a boat, an ULM, a car, a motorbyke even the little or any stuff you may gess you will not allow to use it anywhere like you want, and certainly when you are in public space.
Moreover flying a drone near plane without imagine an accident can happend is very stupid, if you just dont thing, "humm, near that place maybe it existe rule to avoid something" is very very stupid.

Can we add information that most of actual drone manuels, at least do mention you need to take care of various things and that you have the responsability to take information following your country/states/zone, because the manufacter dont want to be responsible of the use you will do.

This man didn't ask any question to anybody, didn't spent 10 minutes on internet, didn't read the f... manual. Fortunately for everybody he has been catched. end of story

Can we add information that most of actual drone manuels, at least do mention you need to take care of various things and that you have the responsability to take information following your country/states/zone, because the manufacter dont want to be responsible of the use you will do.
When I got my Mini 3 last summer the box included several brightly coloured papers with links to European and Australian sites regarding drone rules. (Nothing for Canada, sadly.) So I'm guessing either there is a legal requirement for that or (more likely) DJI is proactively avoiding liability by making certain they have informed pilots in (some) jurisdictions that they have a responsibility to abide by the laws where they fly…

Question: How many folk really know what the rules are? This guy might not even know what he was doing was wrong. Let's face it. Everyone can buy a drone from Amazon, Argos etc.. no questions. Next thing they are having the most fun ever. Flying like a bird without a care.
Unless you're a child with a credit card I don't see this holding water. Before I even considered buying my first drone I did research on my own to learn the laws. A device that can fly at fast speed through the air at significant heights must have some restrictions. To assume you have no restrictions on anything you do in today's day and age is irresponsible. I'm nothing special at all and I knew there's no way you can buy a drone and do whatever you want with it.

I bet he regrets his poor decisions!!!
I doubt he regrets his poor decisions, I believe he regrets getting caught. Anyone who would fly a drone the way he did probably never gave any thought to the consequences...

When I got my Mini 3 last summer the box included several brightly coloured papers with links to European and Australian sites regarding drone rules. (Nothing for Canada, sadly.) So I'm guessing either there is a legal requirement for that or (more likely) DJI is proactively avoiding liability by making certain they have informed pilots in (some) jurisdictions that they have a responsibility to abide by the laws where they fly…
I think that website information and a warning about legal responsibilities should be the first things in the user manual then new owners can't plead ignorance.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll