DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK registration

DirkPitt

Reactions
This is my first post as a new member having just acquired the new Mini 2 I wondered if anyone could help me with some clarification on the paragraph below:

"Presently any drone with a camera in the EU will need to be registered. Registration in one EU country will cover you to fly in any other EU country."

In February I will be travelling through Germany and Poland and I wondered if I could still register my drone here given the Brexit status, and if I will need to.

I've trawled the internet but there is so much data out there it gets confusing. Please forgive me if this has already been covered.

Thank you

Dirk

you will need to register your drone and take the flyer test now to be able to fly it in the UK ,irrespective of whether you will be traveling abroad or not,after the 31st of December unless it states otherwise ,i would contact the EU countries you intend to visit and enquire if your UK registration will be valid in those EU countries

Reactions: THE CYBORG

Thats some stuff I found on different countries..

You will need to do your online test and registration to fly in UK..

I just found it easier to register when I went overseas with my drone.. the fine for getting it wrong were far more than the cost..

Hi DirkPitt Welcome to Mavic Pilots.
See posts above for your answer.
New flyer advice,
Wide open space.
Slow & easy
Power-lines & trees are evil.
Don't expect RTH (Return To Home) to save you especially if you are under trees.
Don't forget to read the manual ;)
Download Mini 2 manual HERE

You can register in france (it's free and the website is in english). You do a short test similar to the UK one.

You can do it here:

My understanding is that registration will be valid anywhere in the EU whereas the UK registration may not be (post Dec 31 2020). So no harm in getting it

Reactions: dilwyn555
Hi Dirk - Because your Mini 2 weighs 249g you don't have to register it or take the flyers test in the Uk.

The CAA’s Drone and Model Aircraft Registration and Education Service (DMARES) – which became law on November 30, 2019 – applies to:
  • Anyone responsible for a drone or unmanned aircraft (including model aircraft) weighing between 250g and 20kg needs to register as an operator. The cost for this is £9 renewable annually.
  • Anyone flying a drone or unmanned aircraft (including model aircraft) weighing between 250g and 20kg must take and pass an online education package. This is free and renewable every three years.
Registration in the UK doesn't give you any advantage in Europe (my PfCO counts for nothing). As I understand it the new regs from 1st January 2021 (bearing in mind we'll be a non-EU country) mean we have to register in the first EU country we wish to fly in, and then we are registered for all EU countries. But UAV's under 250g (Class C0) will be exempt from registration for the 'Open Category' A1 of flights.

Short answer - to fly in Greece (where I love to) I'm going to register with AlphaTango unless the Helenic Civil Aviation Authority come up with an English language registration in January.

I hope that helps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada