DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK Roof Inspections: how to comply?

James Marchant

Reactions
Hi everyone,

Newbie here, so please be gentle. UK based, owner of M2P and near to completion on my A2CofC, with GVC lined up to do next. Mainly aiming to do aerial photography and filming where I only have involved people near me, but would like to increase my opportunity to earn through roof inspection and property photography.

So here's my question, with very few houses, offices, warehouses etc more than 50m away from uninvolved people/buildings/roads/vehicles etc, how am I able to legally fly my M2P drone in these areas? Can't see how it's possible!!

Thanks,

James

you would be flying in the specific category with your GVC ,and need permissions from the CAA to do so and would be under very strict guidelines

you can only fly in the open category i you can meet all the requirements ,to do so
and with the M2P that would not be possible ,only the Mini 1 or 2 could do it at the moment or i believe the parrot Anafi could as well

Reactions: James Marchant
Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

If anyone who would know would be members like old man mavic.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

If anyone who would know would be members like old man mavic.
thanks for the plug was just doing it as you posted

you would be flying in the specific category with your GVC ,and need permissions from the CAA to do so and would be under very strict guidelines

you can only fly in the open category i you can meet all the requirements ,to do so
and with the M2P that would not be possible ,only the Mini 1 or 2 could do it at the moment or i believe the parrot Anafi could as well
Wonderful, thanks for the really quick response. Is this a permission that would be unique to every separate flight, or is it possible to get a blanket permission to cover roof inspections in the Specific Category. Thx

Reactions: old man mavic
it depends on the airspace you would be flying in and its proximity to a NFZ ,and the amount of risk during the flight,you would have to submit a flight plan before you do the flight detailing where you intend to fly ,the date and time etc, and any emergency plans you have in place in case something goes wrong during the flight all this would be reflected in you costing for the job,,and now it is also dependant on which type of drone you would be using as well ,,if you were using a small drone such as the mini2 then you could probably do the inspection in the open category ,but you should still have liability insurance in place regardless

I think is was said but if you fly a sub 500g Legacy drone, Mini 1/2 Air or parrot you can do it and "no intentional overflight of uninvolved people" along as no other restrictions apply.. there was a really good video on YouTube to explain it.. otherwise lots of involving people in the 50 m around..

I have been busy and am trying to get up to speed on all of the new rules and regs coming to the US and abroad. Can someone direct me to a good video or post to catch up? Thanks!

I have been busy and am trying to get up to speed on all of the new rules and regs coming to the US and abroad. Can someone direct me to a good video or post to catch up? Thanks!
You'd need to check on a country by country basis but see post #9 for UK rules. ⬆️

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov