DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ulanzi wide lens for M3

alex_markov

Reactions
Site
alexmarkov.eu
As I was not able to acquire DJI Wide lens, I both Ulanzi wide lens with the same specs but twice cheaper and available ;)
Today I had test flights and my first observation:
+No visible worsening of image quality
+realy wider view I prefer
+No props in the frame!

-+Does not fit inside either the original muzzle or aftermarket plastic protector :( I have to remove it for transportation :( EDIT: After some warming up with a hot gun plastic gimble protector extrudes enough to accommodate it!
-some bad flares against the sun
-M3 recognizes it and does not want to do panos or time-lapses???

Last edited:
Great locale for a test flight. Given the prominent vignetting at top and bottom with shots into the sun, I’d consider the lens unusable. I don’t think there’s much purpose to a wider angle lens for these drones. You can easily fly higher or further away from your subject. IMO, the primary use for a wide angle lens is the drama created by the lens warp from a close viewing angle.

Reactions: c.oberschneider
Great locale for a test flight. Given the prominent vignetting at top and bottom with shots into the sun, I’d consider the lens unusable. I don’t think there’s much purpose to a wider angle lens for these drones. You can easily fly higher or further away from your subject. IMO, the primary use for a wide angle lens is the drama created by the lens warp from a close viewing angle.
Agree for flares and there is some softness either - But a wider view is very important for my way of fliyng - low (under trees, bridges and caves ;) )

Fly higher is not always an option.

There are places you simply cannot fly higher, because of the altitude limit set by regulations. DJI Fly app won't let you get past the limit. In the daytime you can get by with panoramas, but a wide-angle lens is tremendously helpful, when shooting long exposures at dusk/nighttime, to achieve the desired field of view.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xapiccone