DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ultrasonic Sensor Error

slkfis

Reactions
I have read all the previous posting I could find on this topic and can not find the answer to my specific case.

The Mavic Pro I recently purchased new has been updated to latest everything. The small amount of flying I have done has been no more than one battery at a time with no problems. Until 2 days ago when I got the Ultra Sonic Sensor error. After I landed, shut everything down and restarted it never returned.

Yesterday it popped up at 40 ft while waiting to be sure the RTH had set. Nothing I could do would clear the error. I changed batteries and tried controller only, nothing helped. I am not using leg extenders and I take off and land on a 3'x3' piece of "white" foam board. Amazing how accurate the RTH is. Help!

Another question, I was trying to download DJI assistant 2 to my PC Win 7 in order to recover my flight logs to post here. It started downloading OK but I got so many warnings about unknown's and certificates I stopped.

I received the message. "File to large for Goggle Drive to check for virus" Is this the norm?

Thxs
Slkfis

I got this error a few days ago, I was trying to land in a parking lot covered in dirt and the mavic kicked up a dust storm, the error occurred then. I continued to fly (the warning said land immediately) just to see what was affected, and the landings of course were more like normal drone landings (unassisted) I powered down just the drone and restarted and all was well, I attribute the error to the huge dust cloud confusing the sensors and tripping an error code.

I should mention I also completely re-calibrated the mavic the next day, Compass, gimbal, and the IMU's. so it's something I am now keeping an eye on. But have not had it show up again after re-calibrating and having a few flights so far. With so many sensors I can see things causing some confusion in the drone once and a while and I think it's good practice to reset the calibrations every so often.

Just curious have you cleaned the bottom sensors at all to make sure there is no possible weird obstruction? like dirt or maybe something from your handling? And have you gone through all the IMU & compass calibrations to kind of reset everything?

Give that a shot and see if things clear that way for you.

I have read all the previous posting I could find on this topic and can not find the answer to my specific case.

The Mavic Pro I recently purchased new has been updated to latest everything. The small amount of flying I have done has been no more than one battery at a time with no problems. Until 2 days ago when I got the Ultra Sonic Sensor error. After I landed, shut everything down and restarted it never returned.

Yesterday it popped up at 40 ft while waiting to be sure the RTH had set. Nothing I could do would clear the error. I changed batteries and tried controller only, nothing helped. I am not using leg extenders and I take off and land on a 3'x3' piece of "white" foam board. Amazing how accurate the RTH is. Help!

Another question, I was trying to download DJI assistant 2 to my PC Win 7 in order to recover my flight logs to post here. It started downloading OK but I got so many warnings about unknown's and certificates I stopped.

I received the message. "File to large for Goggle Drive to check for virus" Is this the norm?

Thxs
Slkfis
I would inspect the sensor closely to make sure there wasn't some dirt or other debris caught in the little mesh "cage" covering the sensor. If there is, try using a fine needle or maybe compressed air to get it out.

I brushed the mesh screen gently and then blew the sensor with Dust Off compressed gas for electronics trying to remove anything that could be there.

It worked! I flew one battery today with no problems until I got the red light for low battery.
Thank you very much
slkfis

Glad to hear you are flying again :)

I think there is something in the recent software update that makes the ultrasonic sensors function differently.
In January 2018, I sent my original MP to take advantage of my expiring DJI Refresh. I received a refurbished MP. When I received the "new" MP, I checked it quickly, and it seemed to fly OK.
Today was a windy day, and I was flying over water, so I installed my homemade pontoons that worked with my original MP without any problems. (See below.) They are Styrofoam, but caused an "Ultrasonic sensor error. Land immediately." message whenever I went over 30 feet high. Below 30 feet, everything was good. And, when I removed the pontoons, everything was good.
I often fly over water, so, I will need to find a different pontoon design that does not interfere with the ultrasonic sensors. Or, wait until DJI fixes the problem in the software.

I think there is something in the recent software update that makes the ultrasonic sensors function differently.
In January 2018, I sent my original MP to take advantage of my expiring DJI Refresh. I received a refurbished MP. When I received the "new" MP, I checked it quickly, and it seemed to fly OK.
Today was a windy day, and I was flying over water, so I installed my homemade pontoons that worked with my original MP without any problems. (See below.) They are Styrofoam, but caused an "Ultrasonic sensor error. Land immediately." message whenever I went over 30 feet high. Below 30 feet, everything was good. And, when I removed the pontoons, everything was good.
I often fly over water, so, I will need to find a different pontoon design that does not interfere with the ultrasonic sensors. Or, wait until DJI fixes the problem in the software.

So do you think the field of coverage of the ultrasonic sensor has been widened significantly that anything sticking down from the legs will cause the sensor to detect an 'error'? When I think back, I have used the extenders only a few times but on all those occasions, I never got the message. So could it be a firmware update as suggested?

Try this one on, I flew my MP yesterday 2 batteries worth and received the Sensor error. I tried everything no luck. Today I flew again but used 2 different batteries and behold, no sensor error.
Beats me I have no clue as to the difference, all the batteries have less than 12 charges on them and they all check out well.

Fly high and have fun.

slkfis

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imMike507