DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unable to recalibrate my Mavic Air remote controller.

KUNGI CAMERON

Reactions
Hi, I am unable to calibrate my MAVIC AIR's remote controller for quite some time. It is affecting the drone's flight. The drone turns right when I direct it to go up. It flies as if it has a mind of it's own. I have been facing this problem from almost a month. Is it a software problem or is it a problem with the controller hardware? I have tried to calibrate it but the sticks never go to 0. Should I get the remote controller serviced or is it just a software problem?
Please advice.

Thanks.

Can you decribe, precisely what procedure you are following, including EVERY button press/touch?
I ask because when I first tried this with a Phantom I had problems with the button pressing I was doing, What I thought was the screen telling me to start the calibration movements was actually a button that was 'asking me' to press it to start the procedure.

What's the problem with the calibration ... doesn't it finalize or do you mean that a calibration doesn't solve the problem you have..?

One common mistake people does when calibrating the sticks is to push the sticks hard towards the end-stops ... that's the wrong way to do it, that means that the full stick command always will need that hard push to reach full stick command. Instead you should just gently push the stick into the end-stop ... no force. That will make it.

And the problem you have ... it's called "ghost" inputs. Meaning that when you, as in your case, only move the throttle a "ghost" input also will be made to the yaw axis (the same stick but right/left). You should be able to see this in the calibration screen when you just apply throttle. Also don't forget to turn the gimbal wheel left/right in the end also ... otherwise the calibration will not finalize.

Unfortunately this is hardware related ... had exactly the same problem with my Air 1, when I wanted to descend it turned at the same time ... made it impossible to make a descent with forward speed as it turned into another direction at the same time.

But fixed it ... required me to open up the RC and clean. Followed below YT clip ... in the end pretty simple but a bit fiddly to get it apart.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143